It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabinho and mendy would be outstanding choices for full backs with Fabinho being a perfect pep player who is versatile and move into midfield with ease. I still think pep will play with a three at the back next season and think that we will push hard for bonnuci and Laporte and if vinny can stay fit we will keep him as a 4th option.

Ins:
Ederson
Fabinho
Mendy
Laporte
Bonnuci
Isco
Sanchez

That would be an outstanding window for us
Don't agree on Mendy, he's a run in straight lines merchant. Great at haring up the wing to put in a cross but doesn't have the technical ability or intelligence to step infield and get involved in the build up. Also very poor defensively,much better options out there imo.

Don't agree on Mendy, he's a run in straight lines merchant. Great at haring up the wing to put in a cross but doesn't have the technical ability or intelligence to step infield and get involved in the build up. Also very poor defensively,much better options out there imo.

Going to agree with this on Mendy. Certainly an upgrade on what we've got, but far from the best option that could be available at LB.

Juan Bernat would be my pick but Alex Grimaldo would be a good choice too, with Benfica seemingly resigned to losing him this summer. Napoli are apparently the front runners, but you'd imagine that City could get him if they wanted quite easily, even if Ederson Moraes seems to be all but nailed on from Benfica too.

Want to throw out there that if City are serious about Henrichs, he also can play just as well at LB and would allow for flexibility for either fullback slot as required.

After that, you've got the other players in the position we've been tenuously linked to like Gaya and Ghoulam. The former is Madrid bound IMO, but the latter could be a good option.

That said, I'd probably favor Mendy over Rose who we seem to be linked to because he's British and that's about it. Ditto Bertrand.

If we got three of those I'd be delighted.
Emerson
Laporte
Bonucci..

They would transform us.
Fabrinio wouldn't go a miss either:)
if the prem has taught us anything it is a defense that plays regularly together is better than a team of superstars just look at Huth and Morgan last year.
out of contract this year 1 goalkeeper 3 fullbacks 1 defensive midfielder and 1 attacking midfielder of which 1 is association trained
so instead of Ederson buy Butland who is better english and knows the league
Fabinho is nailed on in my opinion but we still need an understudy my choice is Karsdorp
with no lcb at the moment i think Kolarov will be moved back and i hope it is vvd or Mings, both know the league and are better than the other 2
i think it is Hernandez we will buy but who ever we still need an understudy, Sessegnon or Henry both english and destined for the top
defensive mid there is only one for me Kessie
attacking mid we do not need one, but Nolito and Aguero may choose to leave and i am a believer in the attack changing every year

if the prem has taught us anything it is a defense that plays regularly together is better than a team of superstars just look at Huth and Morgan last year.
out of contract this year 1 goalkeeper 3 fullbacks 1 defensive midfielder and 1 attacking midfielder of which 1 is association trained
Fabinho is nailed on in my opinion but we still need an understudy my choice is Karsdorp
with no lcb at the moment i think Kolarov will be moved back and i hope it is vvd or Mings, both know the league and are better than the other 2
i think it is Hernandez we will buy but who ever we still need an understudy, Sessegnon or Henry both english and destined for the top
defensive mid there is only one for me Kessie
attacking mid we do not need one, but Nolito and Aguero may choose to leave and i am a believer in the attack changing every year

Too bad he know's F all about Pep's passing system.

Fabinho and mendy would be outstanding choices for full backs with Fabinho being a perfect pep player who is versatile and move into midfield with ease. I still think pep will play with a three at the back next season and think that we will push hard for bonnuci and Laporte and if vinny can stay fit we will keep him as a 4th option.

Ins:
Ederson
Fabinho
Mendy
Laporte
Bonnuci
Isco
Sanchez

That would be an outstanding window for us

How much would that little lot cost and who would you sell and what would you expect to get in in sales.

Define better? Better at picking the ball out of his net? Certainly. Better at hoofing the ball into touch? Without a doubt.
That he's English and "knows the league" is irrelevant and we may as well just extend Willy and use Gunn if that's what we're aiming for.

Ederson is probably the most likely to be at City next season of all the names we are discussing, at this point.

How much would that little lot cost and who would you sell and what would you expect to get in in sales.

We won't be spending less than £200 million this summer, that much is for certain. I would imagine £300 million wouldn't be out of the question, with a third of that coming from player sales and more in the, perhaps likely, event Aguero moves on.

Define better? Better at picking the ball out of his net? Certainly. Better at hoofing the ball into touch? Without a doubt.
That he's English and "knows the league" is irrelevant and we may as well just extend Willy and use Gunn if that's what we're aiming for.

Ederson is probably the most likely to be at City next season of all the names we are discussing, at this point.

We won't be spending less than £200 million this summer, that much is for certain. I would imagine £300 million wouldn't be out of the question, with a third of that coming from player sales and more in the, perhaps likely, event Aguero moves on.

200-300m Seriously how do you make that out. Could we afford that. We havent spent those kind of sums before in one window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.