It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be too keen on that, Cuadrado has been digging him out quite a bit this season defensively, he's not getting forward to the same effect anymore and that's in Serie fucking A, reckon it would be a bad time for him to move to the premier league.
He played well the other day against Barca/Neymar.

If we went big on a left back I wouldn't be opposed to Alves filling a gap as a senior pro on the right, with a young guy like Henrichs brought in to learn from him.

He played well the other day against Barca/Neymar.

If we went big on a left back I wouldn't be opposed to Alves filling a gap as a senior pro on the right, with a young guy like Henrichs brought in to learn from him.
He got away with booting Neymar and Iniesta around the pitch tbf and Cuadrado was putting in a fair few miles screening him. This in a match in which Juve comprehensively won the midfield battle.
We already have the young lad in Maffeo, I think there's better options out there than Alves.

He got away with booting Neymar and Iniesta around the pitch tbf and Cuadrado was putting in a fair few miles screening him. This in a match in which Juve comprehensively won the midfield battle.
We already have the young lad in Maffeo, I think there's better options out there than Alves.

The only way I'd want Alves now is if we were buying two right backs but I'd prefer to see us buy one first choice, preferably Fabinho, and have Maffeo as back-up. The question still remains though in my mind as to whether Maffeo is going to be good enough?

The only way I'd want Alves now is if we were buying two right backs but I'd prefer to see us buy one first choice, preferably Fabinho, and have Maffeo as back-up. The question still remains though in my mind as to whether Maffeo is going to be good enough?
He's not let us down so far in the few appearances he's had, there's no guarantee he'll be good enough but we'll never find out without giving him a shot, at least as the backup right back for a season or two. We can always sign/promote another player if he doesn't progress. Fwiw I'd back him to be first choice within a season, max two seasons, if he was given a fair shot.

I think Fabinho will be bought primarily as the defensive midfielder, covering as right back.

I've got my hopes up for Fabinho. Alves won't last more than 2/3 years in the Premier league, I've always thought Walker seems a bit thick when it comes to defending, Bellerin looks a typical mardarse Tarquin and the other names mentioned seem to be players who have been spotted on FIFA.

He's not let us down so far in the few appearances he's had, there's no guarantee he'll be good enough but we'll never find out without giving him a shot, at least as the backup right back for a season or two. We can always sign/promote another player if he doesn't progress. Fwiw I'd back him to be first choice within a season, max two seasons, if he was given a fair shot.

I like what I've seen but not seen enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.