It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not usually one to say 'stats can be deceptive' because I think that's often an excuse for people to gloss over problems.

BUT in this case ...

I think our 'chances conceded' stats are a bit deceptive because the way we play means we always give people absolutely golden chances. If you give Rooney a clear shot from 8 yards out he's going to score regardless of the keeper. Bravo gets a lot of shit but he was getting totally exposed all the time.

A better stat might be 'glaring opportunities conceded'.

There isnt a stat for it but our issue is a chain of errors occurring as opposed to one. One plaher making a mistake should not lead to a goal so frequently. Take Sane on Monday. An error yes but it still didnt leave us short at the back. To let a 31 year old balding fatty glide in unmarked to tap in from 8 yards was another error. Silva didnt track him, Ferny had gone to ground too easily to block a potential calvert lewin shot and our cbs... well all three managed to let rooney have space. I think stones was dealing with the other everton player so kompany and otamendi were the two that possibly went awol.

Too many times this chain is occuring. We now have quick enough full backs to at least get numbers back to recover the ball. This issue we have is still (since Pellegrinis last season) our soft centre. We are good at winning the ball back on tge front foot. But only ferny tracks back. De bruyne and silva need to be busting a gut to cover the defence as well.

I'd not be surprised either. I have to admit that Pep's stubbornness has surprised and disappointed me last season. On one hand I'll moan about it but on the other I hope that his decisions are shaping the long-term rather than just one game.

Now that the season has started I don't feel as confident about us as I did in the summer but it's early days and at the very least it's very interesting.

Yh 100%, him playing players in certain positions basically showing people we lack in those areas if an injury comes about. So either sign a LB or when Mendy ain't fit its Sane :D

Might accelerate a few deals, which is good.

This squad still has glaring weaknesses which shows the size of task that Pep has.

Also shows the poor squad management before he got here.

I agree mate....amazing when you think we've had to spend 200mil on improving the squad, just to get us back where we should have been for the last couple of season BUT we still have big needs to fill. LB,CB,DM and forward could all do with more help. Think we've had a good summer but it does highlight the poor business we've done for a number of years. I personally dont feel the squad it strong enough yet to win prem/CL. You need goals and for some reason we continue to miss too many chances to put teams away.

I agree mate....amazing when you think we've had to spend 200mil on improving the squad, just to get us back where we should have been for the last couple of season BUT we still have big needs to fill. LB,CB,DM and forward could all do with more help. Think we've had a good summer but it does highlight the poor business we've done for a number of years. I personally dont feel the squad it strong enough yet to win prem/CL. You need goals and for some reason we continue to miss too many chances to put teams away.
I think we can win the Premier League providing key players don't get injured but you can say that for any title winner. CL looks a very big ask. We should get out of our group and then just hope for good draws and some luck.

There are a few plates spinning but we have agreed Bony can go to Swansea but it will be late in the day, make of this what you will.

It does lend itself to a few things concerning Sanchez, but I can't believe it's him or Bony now for Pep, and so there could well be something all sorted with Arsenal or we are playing the biggest game of bluff ever.

Re Txiki's comments on Mbappe - I am told his comments about there not being enough time is more in relation to the amount of extra money we had expected to have brought in by now.

Soriano was overheard by the City pack in LA talking on his mobile phone about our interest in Mbappe, hence reports.

If arsenal agree to Sanchez joining us, and it's a big if in my opinion, who are they going to replace him with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.