It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Echo article is far less confident than the sensationalist, click-bait title indicates. It simple states Everton are "confident" of signing Pickford, but no deal has been done.

Mind you, Everton have been rumoured to be the front runners for a few weeks now and that situation only emerges of City aren't interested or Pickford wants to be the uncontested number 1 wherever he goes.

Regardless, Ederson was our first choice, the club allegedly have an agreement with the player, and is a perfect fit for our squad. The only issue is financial but I could see Donarumma going for even more.

Then again, I wouldn't rule out Pickford on the basis of that article alone.

I was very impressed with Pickford last season, including on the ball. I imagine he is one of several we have spoken too, but not necessarily the first choice.

I think Ederson always was our first choice and think we will get him.

I don't. 60 million on a keeper is too rich IMO and I don't see the club going there. The stories are also being generated out of Portugal and the players' representative is Jorge Mendes. Stinks of Mangala/Otamendi and hopefully we've learned our lesson in dealing with Jorge and his cronies.

The biggest positive with Pickford was his HG status, It's a massive problem having two foreign keepers. The problem with a deal for Ederson is you're looking at spending £50m due to the co-ownership. It's arguably more difficult than the Mangala deal.

Mate, Pickford's a top keeper. Absolutely the next England number 1 (he's better than Butland and that lot).

From what I've seen, I would not be surprised if he is soon England's No 1 keeper.

Yep. He's the real deal. I'm actually very surprised that the rags haven't been all over him like a rash. I guess that in their new era of flashing cash like it's going out of fashion a transfer isn't worth doing unless it's overpriced by about 40 million quid!

Yep. He's the real deal. I'm actually very surprised that the rags haven't been all over him like a rash. I guess that in their new era of flashing cash like it's going out of fashion a transfer isn't worth doing unless it's overpriced by about 40 million quid!

Do you reckon Pickford would come in as first choice? Or more a case of him and Bravo battling it out?

Do you reckon Pickford would come in as first choice? Or more a case of him and Bravo battling it out?

TBH, the Bravo situation clouds the summer and preseason for me. If he stays then it's clear he'll be given a chance to stake his claim as being number 1 - but equally anyone we sign whether it's Pickford or Ederson or whoever will also be given a chance to stake their claim. I'm personally not convinced keeper 'competition' is necessary. I prefer the idea of a clear number 1 who knows whether he makes a mistake or not he's the boss. Long terms that provides much more stability than a keeper knowing that any mistake and they could be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.