It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, the Bravo situation clouds the summer and preseason for me. If he stays then it's clear he'll be given a chance to stake his claim as being number 1 - but equally anyone we sign whether it's Pickford or Ederson or whoever will also be given a chance to stake their claim. I'm personally not convinced keeper 'competition' is necessary. I prefer the idea of a clear number 1 who knows whether he makes a mistake or not he's the boss. Long terms that provides much more stability than a keeper knowing that any mistake and they could be out.

Cheers. I agree about the competition, I'd much rather have an established keeper who is aware they're first choice. But if we go into next season with Bravo and Pickford I'm worried that's not the case.

Agree with Billy re the competition. GK is the one position we could do with surprises as to who is starting each week. An actual number one for the league and champions league, backup for the league cup and at least the earlier rounds of the FA cup.

Hopefully get Pickford and not Ederson. HG, much better value for money and arguably as good a keeper.

Agree with Billy re the competition. GK is the one position we could do with surprises as to who is starting each week. An actual number one for the league and champions league, backup for the league cup and at least the earlier rounds of the FA cup.

Hopefully get Pickford and not Ederson. HG, much better value for money and arguably as good a keeper.

Fucking hell I need to lie down. I think you're the first person other than me to say "prefer Pickford to Ederson".

If Ederson is quoted at 50M because he is co-owned, we should just say no thanks and move on to some other keeper. Pickford sounds much cheaper, and he is familiar with EPL.

I don't. 60 million on a keeper is too rich IMO and I don't see the club going there. The stories are also being generated out of Portugal and the players' representative is Jorge Mendes. Stinks of Mangala/Otamendi and hopefully we've learned our lesson in dealing with Jorge and his cronies.

I think Rio Ave are the key to that transfer. If they are sensible and accept 5-10m for their half of Ederson's rights then it might go through, but if they expect 50% then it's just going to be too expensive.

From what I've seen, I would not be surprised if he is soon England's No 1 keeper.

Yep. He's the real deal. I'm actually very surprised that the rags haven't been all over him like a rash. I guess that in their new era of flashing cash like it's going out of fashion a transfer isn't worth doing unless it's overpriced by about 40 million quid!

How long until he's England #1 probably depends on where Hart ends up. If it's Arsenal or United it could be a few years. If it's West Ham/Everton, Pickford could be in goal for 2018.

Strikes me as the sensible signing for many reasons. It won't get people excited though which is maybe the problem.
I think it mystifies a lot of us because we haven't seen him play like a Pep keeper, I'm assuming though we wouldn't go anywhere near him unless Pep was 100% sure he was very good with his feet.

TBH, the Bravo situation clouds the summer and preseason for me. If he stays then it's clear he'll be given a chance to stake his claim as being number 1 - but equally anyone we sign whether it's Pickford or Ederson or whoever will also be given a chance to stake their claim. I'm personally not convinced keeper 'competition' is necessary. I prefer the idea of a clear number 1 who knows whether he makes a mistake or not he's the boss. Long terms that provides much more stability than a keeper knowing that any mistake and they could be out.

Well if Bravo starts as number 1 next season that season will start with a negative from certain fans on match days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.