It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Track record on buying and getting rid of CB's is a bit worrisome. Can't help thinking that Stones, Ota, Kompany and maybe an EDS might be enough, if we had two decent fullbacks and a DM. Put Bonucci, Vertongan, or a fully fit Kompany into our team this season and we don't see that much difference.
I just don't think we can spend well over £30M, every season, on CB's and not be able to work out that either: the people doing the buying and selling are getting very wrong or, that we need decent players around them to see if they're any use.
You only need to look at Boateng and, to a lesser extent, Savic.
Savic still isn't good enough tbh, he's in a great defensive setup and he's still a liability.

Walker and Sandro. Bonucci/VVD, Ederson/Pickford and Sanchez. I've literally no idea regarding the pivot position.

Yeah. Can't see it being hugely different to that. Juve will only sell one big players and i'd rather we took Sandro and i've been skeptical all along that we could prize Bonucci away. His family's young and settled. For that deep midfielders role it's literally an enigma to me BUT the way the Sandro story has suddenly broken out of nowhere, don't be surprised to see a midfielder suddenly being linked out of nowhere. Love it to be Weigl but I think it's unlikely!

I'd have thought fullbacks was an area we'd be able to get some decent value players in, some that fit the style we're looking for without playing at rivals or big European teams - surprised we're only really linked with Juve's, Spurs' & the flavour of the month Monaco's. Be interesting to see what we actually end up with.

I'd have thought fullbacks was an area we'd be able to get some decent value players in, some that fit the style we're looking for without playing at rivals or big European teams - surprised we're only really linked with Juve's, Spurs' & the flavour of the month Monaco's. Be interesting to see what we actually end up with.

Even if we go for an unknown or unpopular player from a smaller team they will ask ridiculous amount.

Yeah. Can't see it being hugely different to that. Juve will only sell one big players and i'd rather we took Sandro and i've been skeptical all along that we could prize Bonucci away. His family's young and settled. For that deep midfielders role it's literally an enigma to me BUT the way the Sandro story has suddenly broken out of nowhere, don't be surprised to see a midfielder suddenly being linked out of nowhere. Love it to be Weigl but I think it's unlikely!

We need a leader at the back more than any other signing. Pay whatever it takes to get Bonucci IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.