It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't get Sandro, I wouldn't mind Bertrand at LB. English, 27, pacy, has big game experience (played CL final) and would probably be available for somewhere around 20m.

50m for a fullback is ridiculous even though football has gone mad,we need 2,a centre mid,defender and keeper at least,just because we have money we still have a budget to stick to
I really don't think this is part of the 'plan'. Everyone bangs on about the defence but it's not scoring enough that's cost us this season (and last). I don't think the manager we have will ever be looking at winning 1-0, whereas 5-1 and 6-2 will be very much on his radar, just like Pellegrini in 13/14.
We will have conceded more or less the same number of goals this season as then but will be 30 goals short of what we scored. In fact, he's been talking about " buying goals" in the transfer market, whilst allegedly offering Navas, Toure and Clichy another year! Reckon it'll be a fullback, a centre half and maybe a keeper with rest of the money going on attacking players.

Last edited:
I really don't think this is part of the 'plan'. Everyone bangs on about the defence but it's not scoring enough that's cost us this season (and last). I don't think the manager we have will ever be looking at winning 1-0, whereas 5-1 and 6-2 will be very much on his radar, just like Pellegrini in 13/14.
We will have conceded more or less the same number of goals this season as then but will be 30 goals short of what we scored. In fact, he's been talking about " buying goals" in the transfer market, whilst allegedly offering Navas, Toure and Clichy another year! Reckon it'll be a fullback, a centre half and maybe a keeper with rest of the money going on attacking players.

Two full backs, a DM, a keeper, a CB, and an attacker. Six players. The buying goals comment just means we will definitely sign an attacker this summer. Two if Aguero goes.

Well if Bravo starts as number 1 next season that season will start with a negative from certain fans on match days

If Bravo starts as number one next season Pep has lost a large amount of belief/ support from majority of fans.
Bravo must be gone, an absolute liability

Two full backs, a DM, a keeper, a CB, and an attacker. Six players. The buying goals comment just means we will definitely sign an attacker this summer. Two if Aguero goes.
Track record on buying and getting rid of CB's is a bit worrisome. Can't help thinking that Stones, Ota, Kompany and maybe an EDS might be enough, if we had two decent fullbacks and a DM. Put Bonucci, Vertongan, or a fully fit Kompany into our team this season and we don't see that much difference.
I just don't think we can spend well over £30M, every season, on CB's and not be able to work out that either: the people doing the buying and selling are getting very wrong or, that we need decent players around them to see if they're any use.
You only need to look at Boateng and, to a lesser extent, Savic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.