It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can fully understand the club's stance even though Mbappe would of been a very welcomed signing.

Sanchez is 100% a big target for the summer.

My feeling on Mbappe is that City don't think he's worth the money or the hype. Let's be clear Monaco are expecting in excess of 100 million pounds. I appreciate how good he is but if you pay that what contract do you give him. It's not City's style to go after these premium deals.

EDIT

To be clear I'd sign him in a heartbeat whatever the cost. And it's to the credit of our scouting team we were balls deep last summer. But the inflation in his price in 12 months is too much for the club by the looks of things.

Our player identification is great....

Wanted Mbappé, Theo Hernandez, Alex Sandro, Bellerin, Laporte last summer. What a difference that would have made.

Sanchez is 100% a big target for the summer.

My feeling on Mbappe is that City don't think he's worth the money or the hype. Let's be clear Monaco are expecting in excess of 100 million pounds. I appreciate how good he is but if you pay that what contract do you give him. It's not City's style to go after these premium deals.

EDIT

To be clear I'd sign him in a heartbeat whatever the cost. And it's to the credit of our scouting team we were balls deep last summer. But the inflation in his price in 12 months is too much for the club by the looks of things.

Sanchez would be a superb signing, akin to the rags and van Persie. He's desperate for success after running himself into the ground for Arsenal. He has a serious goal and assist output and would be an enormous upgrade on Nolito.

Our problem this season is we have a good but imperfect first XI- Bravo/ Willy, Navas/ Fernandinho/ Zaba, Kompany, Otamendi/ Stones, Clichy, Yaya/ Gundogan, KdB, Silva, Sane, Aguero/ Jesus, Sterling. After that we have no real game changers - Kelechi, One of Kun or Jesus, Nolito or Navas. We desperately need someone to compete with Sane and Sterling, another option between Kdb, SIlva and Gundogan, a new centre midfielder and of course full backs.

I can fully understand the club's stance even though Mbappe would of been a very welcomed signing.

The stance is admireable as long as your not being made to look stupid after the fact. So far I don't recall a deal that's gone that way for us so we're good.

A lot of people were furious we walked away from Poggy last summer. Not so furious now I'm guessing.

So a prediction of extraordinary summer is on a wane. As the transfer window approaches our link to great players are on a wane. Hope we sign sanches at least.

The stance is admireable as long as your not being made to look stupid after the fact. So far I don't recall a deal that's gone that way for us so we're good.

A lot of people were furious we walked away from Poggy last summer. Not so furious now I'm guessing.

I think you're right that we haven't been hugely embarrassed the exceptions being Hazard and Sandro in so far as we got to the table but wouldn't pay the price or agents fees etc. but other than that we were looking at the right players but couldn't get deals done

Sanchez won't happen, either he'll stay back at Arsenal or join Bayern Munich. There is stupid rumors flying about Bale but with his injury record in past 2 years i wouldn't exactly won't him.

We need one marquee forward even with Kun staying because we need a 20 goal forward or attacking mid. We have scored 72 goals and conceded 38.
Barcelona and Real Madrid both have 100+ Goals, and have conceded around 40. But they are in great position because they always, always outscore the opponent. And especially in UCL we shall need that one marquee forward who knows his stuff around.

Of course after buying Walker, Semedo and Mendy/ Sandro we might not have that money to get one of the elites though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.