It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHo is our left back back up to Alex Sandro?

Kolarov-City-567350.jpg

So it looks like we have two signing wrapped up in Fabinho and Walker, two quality players that really improve us. Probably 90m for both.

What happened to Ederson? I thought there was strong indication he was wrapped up as well (liking a few City related posts on social media). But rumors have died down and we've been linked with other keepers like Pickford. Ederson is probably the better keeper and looks full of confidence.

Then we need a LB (hopefully Sandro), another versatile fullback, a Center back-absolute must-Pep pretty much said we won't gamble on Kompany's fitness next season, another attacker-Sanchez would be quality.

If Yaya doesn't sign an extension we'll probably need another midfielder.

So we are looking at 7-8 players here. It will be a big summer, most likely spending around 300m gross IMO. Will be enough to bring in quality players that will enable us to compete on all fronts.

So it looks like we have two signing wrapped up in Fabinho and Walker, two quality players that really improve us. Probably 90m for both.

What happened to Ederson? I thought there was strong indication he was wrapped up as well (liking a few City related posts on social media). But rumors have died down and we've been linked with other keepers like Pickford. Ederson is probably the better keeper and looks full of confidence.

Then we need a LB (hopefully Sandro), another versatile fullback, a Center back-absolute must-Pep pretty much said we won't gamble on Kompany's fitness next season, another attacker-Sanchez would be quality.

So we are looking at 7-8 players here. It will be a big summer, most likely spending around 300m gross IMO. Will be enough to bring in quality players that will enable us to compete on all fronts.

I'd go with the names you mention, Ederson/Fabinho/Walker/Sandro/Sanchez and perhaps Semedo as well. Don't see Toure leaving, so that only leaves possible question marks over Kompany's ability to last the season and what would happen if Sandro were injured. Kolarov and Fernandinho as cover? If we signed those 6 players, I'd be content.

I'd go with the names you mention, Ederson/Fabinho/Walker/Sandro/Sanchez and perhaps Semedo as well. Don't see Toure leaving, so that only leaves possible question marks over Kompany's ability to last the season and what would happen if Sandro were injured. Kolarov and Fernandinho as cover? If we signed those 6 players, I'd be content.

I would be happy with that list plus a CB. There is talk that Semedo can play both sides so that would be good, haven't actually seen him play but he is raved about. Dinho was not that good at LB the little he played there and Kolarov can jump in but if Sandro were to be out for lets say 2 months I would be really worried about that position, Kola can play LB against the weaker sides but he is massive liability against the top sides at LB and is targeted. I'm sure we will address this possible issue. As for CB, I really do think we will buy one. The difference between Kompany playing and not playing is massive. I don't see us getting Bonucci if we get Sandro. Van Dijk is a possibility but I'm a little worried about him due to his current injury. Don't think we'll be going after Laporte given what happened last summer. I don't know what other possibilities are there for us.

1. GK
  2. Walker
  3. Pepe
  4. Sandro
  5. Fabinho
  6. Sanchez

300m is cloud cuckoo land imo, I can't see us spending big on a CB if we're doing so on FBs etc. Plus Pep said we needed backup to Kompany the other day. Pepe is a free agent atm and is the sort of leader/commanding CB we lose without VK. Badstuber was linked a while ago but don't know that much about him

Reckon Ederson is no.1 target and recent rumours of other GKs could be a negotiation tactic. Benfica taking the piss b/c of 3rd party ownership bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.