It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said that earlier in the day when the hysteria surrounding Neymar was at its height mate.

Mbappe is the target if Kun goes but imo, we want Sanchez and for me he is the ideal target that will really improve us and of course would suggest we keep Kun as well.
Neymar is your modern day footballer a very good player but a image brand
Mbappe is a footballer who loves playing not a image brand
That's the big difference between these two

See the Bonnuci one I get because he can provide the leadership we lack when vinny is out, where as can VVD do that, I think not.

No offence to Southampton but there's a difference between leading a team in mid table prem and leading a team to winning the CL.

No there isn't. Leaders are born not made. A player who walks into a club, immediately leads and organises and experienced Southampton backline and is captain the next season is going to walk into any club he goes to and show off those leadership abilities.

He did it at Celtic as well. Some players are just natural leaders.

Can see where some people are coming from regarding Van Dijk, in my opinion he's a top quality centre back but yes it would be fair to say he's inexperienced and untried at the highest level ie champions league games and high pressure title deciding league games.

If it's purely back up/rotation for Vinny then we should be looking at someone like Pepe who can replicate his leadership in the side.

KDB, Sané and Jesus had no experience at the highest level either....would you buy them again?

No there isn't. Leaders are born not made. A player who walks into a club, immediately leads and organises and experienced Southampton backline and is captain the next season is going to walk into any club he goes to and show off those leadership abilities.

I'd loved to be proven wrong on this. I rate him highly just not sure he's the guy to replace Kompany.

Ederson
Walker
Bonnuci
Alex Sandro
Fabinho
Sanchez

Got that pretty little lot and that would represent a fantastic window imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.