It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's a proper defensive midfielder. Bakayoko is the box to box midfielder at Monaco.
You sure about that? Not many proper defensive midfielders score 10 goals in a season, or generally charge forwards half as much as Fabinho does

Is Fabinho a genuine DM? Pretty sure he's a physical box to box player like a giant Fernandinho, not a defensive midfielder
The interpretation depends on the tactical setup I guess - Monaco simply don't use 'pure' DM, both Fabinho and Bakayoko play B2B with emphasis on defending in 4222. But your post makes sense - Fabinho would need to learn some new role to play for us anyway. Can't see Pep using him in N8 areas instead of a more skilled midgets (Silvas).

You sure about that? Not many proper defensive midfielders score 10 goals in a season, or generally charge forwards half as much as Fabinho does

12 goals, 9 were penalties.

Fabinho is definitely the defensive midfielder of the two. He gets forward a decent amount because Monaco either dominate possession, allowing him to come forward, or they have a very fluid counterattack where anyone and everyone goes forward in numbers on the counter - but he is the one who sits back and screens the defence.

City now less likely to sign Sanchez than for him to stay, Sky Bet reckons. Dropped to 5/1 in this last hour or so, good odds on a very overt transfer target.

Why's everybody mentioning Carvalho when @BillyShears And @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer are both telling us that Fabinho will happen?

I have no problems with people mentioning that we're linked to Carvalho, I do have problems with people saying this somehow means we're no longer getting Fabinho.

I have no problems with people mentioning that we're linked to Carvalho, I do have problems with people saying this somehow means we're no longer getting Fabinho.
We aren't getting both because of foreign spots restrictions, that's for sure. I do hope all the talk about Carvalho is just Pere's advertisement for his client.

We aren't getting both because of foreign spots restrictions, that's for sure. I do hope all the talk about Carvalho is just Pere's advertisement for his client.

I agree we aren't getting both, but there's plenty of reasons we might be linked to talks with Sporting over him and there's just as good a chance we aren't interested in him at all.

It's a wait and see at the minute, but one report resurrecting the Carvalho link isn't working enough to outweigh the evidence from all sides that we're in on Fabinho, IMO.

Juve were being linked with him for quite a bit and the link to us popped up around the same time as the tuttosport article about Juve going in for Mendy/Fabinho. So we could just be playing silly buggers with them, fairly common tactic for Txiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.