It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on Navas he wasn't.

He never got it wrong with Navas, all he said was that he'd been offered an extension. He also might have "gotten it wrong" with Adarabioyo. Doesn't mean he is misinformed. Sam Lee is without a doubt one of the most reliable journalists when it comes to City. Things change very rapidly in football but he is 9/10 times bang on the money, despite being a rag.

He never got it wrong with Navas, all he said was that he'd been offered an extension. He also might have "gotten it wrong" with Adarabioyo. Doesn't mean he is misinformed. Sam Lee is without a doubt one of the most reliable journalists when it comes to City. Things change very rapidly in football but he is 9/10 times bang on the money, despite being a rag.

I know he is reliable. But what happened after that news came out. Bluemoon took it as fact. Posters went on and ran up multiple pages on the debate about Maffeo and the youth prospects. He is reliable, but he doesn't know what is happening. Nobody does.

Wow, Sam Lee is a United fan?

I know he is reliable. But what happened after that news came out. Bluemoon took it as fact. Posters went on and ran up multiple pages on the debate about Maffeo and the youth prospects. He is reliable, but he doesn't know what is happening. Nobody does.

That's not his fault. Just because some people on here get carried away sometimes doesn't make a journalist unreliable, like you stated.

Mendy's strongest abilities lies in attack, he is NEVER going to play LCB unless there is an injury crisis breaking out, he doesn't have the positional awareness to do that job or have the discipline.
Just for argument's sake:

You've watched our side, correct? You know Pep likes his CBs to come forward and play balls out of the back to forward runners (or players dropping to just outside the opposition's box to receive said passes)? And I am aware one of the faults people indicate he has is positional awareness but that can be improved in training (and we have the best for that), where as he other attributes cannot be: strength, agility, pace, height, good in the tackle. Playing at LCB is different to playing CB (I did reference the latter only in the event there is an injury crisis, as you said) and requires much more involvement in build-up, especially in Pep's system. Also, people were saying the same things about Navas. ;-)

Mendy's strongest abilities lies in attack, he is NEVER going to play LCB unless there is an injury crisis breaking out, he doesn't have the positional awareness to do that job or have the discipline.

He's 22.

You never know how quickly a player will grasp the positional game that Pep will spend hours upon hours drilling into them. I certainly wouldn't rule out the idea he could be coached to become a LCB because Pep will look for the ability to drop into a back 3 on the spin from his fullbacks. As Alaba said last year, no one believed, least of all Alaba, that he could play CB, but Pep taught him how and that added flexibility allowed Bayern to switch from 3 at the back to 4 at the back whenever they wanted.

Whoever we sign at fullback i'm sure Pep will be looking to see if they can move around the back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.