It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really need another CB this summer?

WhoScored.com‏Verified account @WhoScored 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @WhoScored
European Team of the Season: DC - Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City) - article by @BenMcAleer1 - http://wscrd.co/EuroTOTSDCL

DBFpJOqXUAAfim2.jpg

5 replies6 retweets3 likes

Whenever I come on here I always check the "It's Quiet..." thread and usually suffer a mild stroke when I see that there's been 50+ pages since last log-in.

Never change, BlueMoon

Do we really need another CB this summer?

WhoScored.com‏Verified account @WhoScored 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @WhoScored
European Team of the Season: DC - Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City) - article by @BenMcAleer1 - http://wscrd.co/EuroTOTSDCL

DBFpJOqXUAAfim2.jpg

5 replies6 retweets3 likes

Not a debate for this thread but stats do not tell the whole story. Otamendi only looked like a strong centre back, once Kompany returned to the side, without Kompany our defence struggles. Although it could just be a case of improving our full backs will improve our centre halves.

Stats can be a good judge of a player but ratings are always iffy. Milner was the Premier League's best left back and Pogba (don't know what nickname we're calling him these days) was the best centre mid according to whoscored. So stats can be a good indicator but take the ratings with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
Speculation time: what if City stood aside on Fabinho in return for Juventus letting Bonucci go?

I'm not sure, given recent revelations, we are in on Fabinho at all, but if we were you'd have to wonder why in a summer of acquiring every single insane target you can imagine, we'd let Fabinho walk to the Old Lady.
Personally that trade off would do me if Alex Sandro was involved

Not a debate for this thread but stats do not tell the whole story. Otamendi only looked like a strong centre back, once Kompany returned to the side, without Kompany our defence struggles. Although it could just be a case of improving our full backs will improve our centre halves.

Stats can be a good judge of a player but ratings are always iffy. Milner was the Premier League's best left back and Pogba (don't know what nickname we're calling him these days) was the best centre mid according to whoscored. So stats can be a good indicator but take the ratings with a pinch of salt.
To be fair, he and Kolarov formed a good partnership in the course of lasr season too.

I am still very undecided that Otamendi can still play a major part in our defence, but if Kompany stays fit he does have a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.