It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't anyone kid themselves, Arsenal are absolutely loaded and have high motivation to send a message.

Alexis has the best part of £400k a week tax free sat on the table from China - he does that want to go to China.

What he does want, however, is to compete for the top trophies and get well paid for it.

Arsenal have £100m sat on deposit in the bank, so Wenger has plenty to fight fire-with-fire with.

Ozil earns a phenomenal amount of money and is still asking for more.

Alexis' camp know he wants City and it now comes down to how much Arsenal are willing to prove they are still relevant.

He wanta to play for Pep.

My thinking here is he is 28 going on 29 in December, the time for him to win the Champions League is now.

He will lose a year at Arsenal.

Unless the rags pop up and offer him to play alongside the old Trafford greats of Jones smalling and fellani...am I getting worried for nothing
Don't anyone kid themselves, Arsenal are absolutely loaded and have high motivation to send a message.

Alexis has the best part of £400k a week tax free sat on the table from China - he does that want to go to China.

What he does want, however, is to compete for the top trophies and get well paid for it.

Arsenal have £100m sat on deposit in the bank, so Wenger has plenty to fight fire-with-fire with.

Alexis' camp know he wants City and it now comes down to how much Arsenal are willing to prove they are still relevant.

Would some give over with this talk of how would we keep 5-6 of the attackers happy!!
It's rotation - they would all get enough game time- it's having top class players on the bench instead of players who can't really make an impact
Why give over? Barca persist with 3 forwards, game after game. The only club that have x number of galacticos who play irregularly is Real madrid and they operate in a different environment. Players may play irregularly, but they get opportunities in massive games. We can not offer that. The immediate prospects of dominating domestically and in Europe to the extent that Real Madrid do are remote.

There is an optimum number of players in a squad. You can not just ignore the practicalities of keeping players happy and motivated. If you don't give a player regular football they will do a Bony and turn from a rampaging forward who plunders 20 goals per season into a feeble forward that no one rates.

How confidant are you that a deal will be done tolmie ?

Anyone know how good of a knee slide Sanchez has?

I mean, I'm sure he can score and I know he can run the length of the pitch but can he knee slide with arms outstretched???

Now that was a moment!

Anybody think we still lack the option of height up top?

I realise that it never affected Barca but the Prem is different. Having someone who's over 6 foot could give us a different solution in certain games.

To be fair to him, Sanchez has a good leap and scores a few headers, but Sterling, KDB, Sane, Silva and Bernardo are pretty poor.

Jesus is quite effective too, but nobody can give us what Dzeko did and pose an old-fashioned aerial threat. Some will say it doesn't fit Pep's playing style but there are games when we're crying out for something different.

I'm wondering whether Pep feels that there's near 28 games you can win in this league by purely outpowering them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.