It's Quiet Corrections

shootmeifipost10k said:
The Fixer said:
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH look at you fluffy feet, i'm already on warning level 2 so shall not get involved with you.

My post is posters on this thread appear to be knocking tolmies info on the head cos some little freak steve sayer say's bla bla at a fcuking public event.

Lets just wait and see hey guy's??

ok so sorry next time I'll sit here and quiver in my fluffy slippers waiting for a reminder and telling off.
I wasn't knocking anybody and least of all Tolmie who I'd probably read above most.
I was knocking the club allowing an exec to lie.

Anyway peace but if you want pistols at dawn can we make it a foggy day and not tomorrow I'm of out shopping
opradj.jpg

:)

Kinky by name said:
hilts said:
so not one single person can come up with a reason why three players who have signed for city has to be kept secret apart from the obvious that they havent signed yet!

Other club: "Okay we agree to sell Steven Gerrard to you but we want a publicity blackout until we announce his replacement xxxx who is signing next Tuesday" ... or

until we have sold 25,000 season tickets etc

there's many possible reasons, should this indeed be the case

Yeah, but you'd need 3 possible reasons wouldn't you, because there are 3 players.

I am not saying this is all BS. Merely that you can understand why people question it:

1. An ITK who has made some bold claims in the past that did not come true
2. Another poster who has spoken to a board member and who says it's not true.
3. The usual "it's all true, but for various (convenient) reasons, I can't tell you about it".

It's perfectly understandable if people think it's BS.

EDIT: on a different slant, I hope it IS bs. I can't stand that twat Gerrard and don't want him anywhere near our club.

80s Shorts said:
Giles said:
Because the names are commercially sensitive information. Because they don't want to compromise their sources. To be fair Tolmie has named names. The thread was then pulled because of pressure from the club. That alone leant his comments weight.

Ajay, well, I'm a lot less certain of but I don't like to see people being hounded. He does no harm.

Are you really implying that the club is now policing this forum and that the owner of the forum is subject to pressure from the club and then acts accordingly. Do you know this for a fact?

Yes, although I think the use of the word 'policing' is a little intemperate. 'Monitoring' is perhaps more accurate.

Giles said:
hilts said:
so not one single person can come up with a reason why three players who have signed for city has to be kept secret apart from the obvious that they havent signed yet!

Sigh. They are European players? The international window doesn't open until first week of June. They want to announce the deals in one go? The deals are not ratified by UEFA? The paperwork is not completed?
Garry Cook has lost his pen?

i dont know the precise ins and out of transfer law but if the window doesnt open till june then that would mean they havent signed, also why would thd ajay say we would hear something days ago? if they had signed 3 players they could announce the deals in one go now, if the deals are not retified by uefa then the deal is not done(hard to believe uefa are waiting to ratify all 3 deals which takes no time at all) the paperwork is not completed? then yet again the deals havent been done(really all 3 are waiting for the paperwork to be done right) gary cook has lost his pen? they should tie it to a piece of string on his desk if he has lost it 3 times

also another post states something about selling club wanting to sell season tickets before this becomes public, what all three different clubs have said this?

This is what i mean about wishful thinking over common sense, i'm saying we arent going to im saying we havent yet

Chippy_boy said:
Kinky by name said:
Other club: "Okay we agree to sell Steven Gerrard to you but we want a publicity blackout until we announce his replacement xxxx who is signing next Tuesday" ... or

until we have sold 25,000 season tickets etc

there's many possible reasons, should this indeed be the case

Yeah, but you'd need 3 possible reasons wouldn't you, because there are 3 players.

I am not saying this is all BS. Merely that you can understand why people question it:

1. An ITK who has made some bold claims in the past that did not come true
2. Another poster who has spoken to a board member and who says it's not true.
3. The usual "it's all true, but for various (convenient) reasons, I can't tell you about it".

It's perfectly understandable if people think it's BS.

EDIT: on a different slant, I hope it IS bs. I can't stand that twat Gerrard and don't want him anywhere near our club.

It may be bullshit but there are reasons why the news might not break when we'd all like it to. A grandstand superstar presentation of all three to take the world's breath away could be another. Logistics can sometimes play a big role in these things

The title of the thread has not exactly helped the flow of it, I would offer?

Corrections, can be interpreted in many ways. Contradictions, would probably have been more suitable?

And surely would have remained valid within the 'It's quiet thread', rather than as a separate stand-alone?

If nothing else, it increases the division on here, unless the original aim, on the part of the OP, was to somehow provide him with a platform to rub others' noses in it? Sincere apologies should this likely not be the case.

Pearcey is clearly an intelligent poster, showing plenty of respect in his subsequent responses.

But he is naive, as are some others, in the extreme, to suggest the club policy line is somehow opaque.

Two words - Mark Hughes - and I can tell you for a fact that the club were lying to his face well before he was dismissed.

In fact, all the fans were deceived, as club officials remained tight-lipped throughout the so-called dead-man walking period.

In itself, perpetuating a blatant lie.

I would not say they have lied during the meeting, as some others may have, only that they are being extremely econonical with the truth, to serve an agenda, for the good of the club.

The original thread was pulled for a reason, along with Peacey's more than valid opinions, is it also not beyond the realms to consider the club want this version out in the public domain for very real reasons!

cheers

Giles said:
80s Shorts said:
Are you really implying that the club is now policing this forum and that the owner of the forum is subject to pressure from the club and then acts accordingly. Do you know this for a fact?

Yes, although I think the use of the word 'policing' is a little intemperate. 'Monitoring' is perhaps more accurate.

Word sophistry does not disguise the fact that you are saying that the club says jump and Ric says "how high".

hilts said:
Giles said:
Sigh. They are European players? The international window doesn't open until first week of June. They want to announce the deals in one go? The deals are not ratified by UEFA? The paperwork is not completed?
Garry Cook has lost his pen?

i dont know the precise ins and out of transfer law but if the window doesnt open till june then that would mean they havent signed, also why would thd ajay say we would hear something days ago? if they had signed 3 players they could announce the deals in one go now, if the deals are not retified by uefa then the deal is not done(hard to believe uefa are waiting to ratify all 3 deals which takes no time at all) the paperwork is not completed? then yet again the deals havent been done(really all 3 are waiting for the paperwork to be done right) gary cook has lost his pen? they should tie it to a piece of string on his desk if he has lost it 3 times

also another post states something about selling club wanting to sell season tickets before this becomes public, what all three different clubs have said this?

This is what i mean about wishful thinking over common sense, i'm saying we arent going to im saying we havent yet

I bet everything in your world is very black and white. Have a nice B&W weekend.

Giles said:
hilts said:

I bet everything in your world is very black and white. Have a nice B&W weekend.

What,you mean there are REALLY shades of grey?

Giles said:
hilts said:

so you cant answer against the points then so whats the point<br /><br />-- Fri May 21, 2010 4:39 pm --<br /><br />
flb said:
Giles said:

What,you mean there are REALLY shades of grey?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.