It's Quiet Corrections

Cobwebcat said:
Giles said:
I get your point, I really do. I'm no fan of conspiracy theories. But I trust Tolmie and - to a much lesser extent for sure so far - Ajay. I have no reason to believe that Tolmie is lying. And there are manifold examples of companies 'lying' to protect negotiations.

I also trust Tolmie. I don't believe Ajay for a second but find him funny.

But if Ajay is giving this info via PM's why do these people (whoever they are) never post that he was correct as they had a PM before the signing hit the news from Ajay.

If you challenge Ajay he says he has been insulted and runs for the hills. Classic cold reading technique. He is Derek Acorah and Elton John rolled into one.

Why can't our ITK's name names like Spursmad did? It's all a bit convenient don't you think?

Because the names are commercially sensitive information. Because they don't want to compromise their sources. To be fair Tolmie has named names. The thread was then pulled because of pressure from the club. That alone leant his comments weight.

Ajay, well, I'm a lot less certain of but I don't like to see people being hounded. He does no harm.

hilts said:
Pearce_out said:
Can I just add that I didn't create this thread to be a breeding ground for insults and counter insults. Please try to be respectful of peoples opinions and if no harm is being done then just let it fly even if you don't agree with what is said. there is no need to start calling people names over this.

understood fella, but why cant anyone who thinks this guy was lying to you tell us why the club wouldnt announce signings? people are so desperate that they would rather believe that we have 3 players signed to the club but it is being kept quiet for no reason whatsover rather than the likely answer which is we are trying to get players to sign for us. why do people prefer to believe rumour over common sense? it because they want the rumours to be true

He's not lying he's being economical with the truth. That's the difference.
Its on a need to know basis and at the moment we don't need to know.

When everything is done and dusted then it will be on the OS.

I still can't fathom how some people think he's lying...he's towing the company line.

We may be doing the scatta gun approach of that day when City announced a player every hour by email or text and then on the offical website!!!!

Great day indeed

Kinky by name said:
Fuck me, it's like a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest! Fucking hen-pecking session.

c'mon kinky, you have to admit that that was a very entertaining and funny film. I for one find those people throwing hissy fits on here quite f*ckin hilarious.

hilts said:
Giles said:
Perhaps. But perhaps there are other reasons. I don't know - I've never run a football club. Have you?

so not one single person can come up with a reason why three players who have signed for city has to be kept secret apart from the obvious that they havent signed yet!

Sigh. They are European players? The international window doesn't open until first week of June. They want to announce the deals in one go? The deals are not ratified by UEFA? The paperwork is not completed?
Garry Cook has lost his pen?

hilts said:
Giles said:
Perhaps. But perhaps there are other reasons. I don't know - I've never run a football club. Have you?

so not one single person can come up with a reason why three players who have signed for city has to be kept secret apart from the obvious that they havent signed yet!

Other club: "Okay we agree to sell Steven Gerrard to you but we want a publicity blackout until we announce his replacement xxxx who is signing next Tuesday" ... or

until we have sold 25,000 season tickets etc

there's many possible reasons, should this indeed be the case

bluemonkey71 said:
hilts said:
understood fella, but why cant anyone who thinks this guy was lying to you tell us why the club wouldnt announce signings? people are so desperate that they would rather believe that we have 3 players signed to the club but it is being kept quiet for no reason whatsover rather than the likely answer which is we are trying to get players to sign for us. why do people prefer to believe rumour over common sense? it because they want the rumours to be true

He's not lying he's being economical with the truth. That's the difference.
Its on a need to know basis and at the moment we don't need to know.

When everything is done and dusted then it will be on the OS.

I still can't fathom how some people think he's lying...he's towing the company line.

by done and dusted do you meaning signing of contracts if so that is my point

lloydie said:
Kinky by name said:
Fuck me, it's like a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest! Fucking hen-pecking session.

c'mon kinky, you have to admit that that was a very entertaining and funny film. I for one find those people throwing hissy fits on here quite f*ckin hilarious.

It was the best film.. well that and Once Upon A Time In America.

Kinky by name said:
hilts said:

Other club: "Okay we agree to sell Steven Gerrard to you but we want a publicity blackout until we announce his replacement xxxx who is signing next Tuesday" ... or

until we have sold 25,000 season tickets etc

there's many possible reasons, should this indeed be the case

Thank you - another voice of sanity amidst the madness.

hilts said:
mrbelfry said:
I think it is reasonable that as the club have not officially announced any transfers then any rep of the club should state in public that no transfers have been made even if that constitutes a lie.

Refusing to answer a question leads to ambiguity.
Fan: "Has Steven Gerrard signed for City"?
Club official: "I cannot answer that question"
Fan: "If he hadn't signed you'd have said no! Yay I'm getting a tattoo"

so if we had signed steven gerrard for instance then why wouldnt the club just say we have signed steven gerrard? maybe they havent said this because we havent signed him its mind numbingly simple

I bet you mithered your parents what am i getting for christmas in June

Listen mate,grow up and try and have an understanding of how things are done in the grown ups world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.