It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions of course, but I do think he is. I know it's youtube highlights, but imagine Sane injured or Sterling out and watch Mahrez. He causes havoc and could easily slot in on either wing. Also like you say imagine if KDB or Silva is out and maybe riddled with injuries in the midfield. Watch Mahrez in the vid basically playing as a 10 down the middle. He will find key passes, can hold the ball well and also either shoot from outside the box ala KDB or play crosses in like both KDB and Silva. He's got a good free kick and can score as well. I know Hazard would be great, but I don't see it happening. I just don't see Chelsea selling to us. For me Mahrez is a lot better then some people think.

Great dribbling, great cross, great long shots, great vision and plenty of pace even if he's not a Raz/Leroy/Kyle sprinter. No brainer for me, I love Leon Bailey and think he would also be a superb signing but Mahrez offers something different to what we already have. He can definitely play on the left as well, its just not where he's most effective so in a team like Leicester there's no point wasting their talisman out there. Not sure if he could play up front but think we'd use Sterling through the middle and Mahrez on the right if we really needed to.

It's just a matter of whether Leicester are going to be mental again. 60 million is a very good signing, 70 would be overpaying for us in my opinion but he's definitely worth 70+ to Leicester.

Saul just signed like a 9 year extension though. Would love him though.
Exactly what I'm thinking. I have never even thought about him signing for us because it's unrealistic considering that he signed a long term contract, but he has always looked great when I've seen him and he would be a great addition

Exactly what I'm thinking. I have never even thought about him signing for us because it's unrealistic considering that he signed a long term contract, but he has always looked great when I've seen him and he would be a great addition

Prior to the contract he was my dream signing, Such a big game player.

Maybe when Simeone leaves or a year or two after. It'd take something big to make him leave.

Prior to the contract he was my dream signing, Such a big game player.

Maybe when Simeone leaves or a year or two after. It'd take something big to make him leave.
I don't think even Simeone leaving would make him leave Atletico. Signing for 9 years means he's committed to the club and not Simeone because we all know Simeone's not gonna be there for 9 more years.

I don't think even Simeone leaving would make him leave Atletico. Signing for 9 years means he's committed to the club and not Simeone because we all know Simeone's not gonna be there for 9 more years.

Yeah but contracts are easy to sign when you're competing in the latter stages of the CL and challenging for trophies, Simeone leaves followed by a few players and that all goes away, then loyalty is actually tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.