It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like the kind of thing someone who's just watched videos of Kovacic dribbling on Youtube would say. If you watch him play, he might dribble once or twice a game maximum.

He's been Casemiro's replacement for Real Madrid so we already know he's more than capable of playing as a 6 with two 8's ahead of him.

Shit Dom you're right, you got me. I'm not actually a professional football scout. I've never watched him play live. I'm sorry I'm just a bloke with a life who doesn't have time to watch our possible backup targets full matches. Just nail me to the cross now and get it over with.

Backup to Casemiro hasn't worked very well in the league either. He played 6 the night they got fucked by Leganes too.

Shit Dom you're right, you got me. I'm not actually a professional football scout. I've never watched him play live. I'm sorry I'm just a bloke with a life who doesn't have time to watch our possible backup targets full matches. Just nail me to the cross now and get it over with.

Backup to Casemiro hasn't worked very well in the league either. He played 6 the night they got fucked by Leganes too.

Thats the thing about this forum. People express opinions about players and how they are better than player A, how they can play Position A, how good/bad they are at tackling passing dribbling scoring and yet they probably may have only seen the player once or twice live in the flesh. Now its all good having opinions but dont base all opinions on you tube or I have seen him in one match on the telly

We have highly paid highly skilled coaches who will have seen the player live over a couple of seasons they will have a dossier on his private life. They will have spoken to ex team mates and coaches to understand his personality. They will have studied video footage they will have discussed the player with Txiki and Pep who would have explained the sort of player he was looking for. They would have identified a number of suitable targets and set themselves a monetary limit for each player which Pep will have approved and made approaches accordingly

We are being fed scraps by the media such as our “No1 target” the media havent got a clue you only have to look at how many players we are linked with to know that. They go with the throw enough shit at the wall some of its bound to stick certainly very few on this forum know.

But rather than argue about individuals that few of us will have regularly seen live why not just debate because if a player joins City and is coached by Pep the one thing that will happen is he will be a better player than he was before therefore making all comparisons to his previous career moot

Looking like our two targets will actually be next week from the latest reports be good to get them out away by the WC start.

Real Madrid didn't get "Fucked by Leganes" with him at 6, they won 3-1 in the league, with him at 6; in the cup game where Madrid's B team got beaten, he was playing as an 8 with Marco Llorente as the defensive midfielder.

He did play 6 in the Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich though, and against Barcelona in the 0-0 Clasico last year and against Atletico Madrid (3-0 win).

The point I was making is that YouTube compilations of Kovacic are not representative of his game, if you watch him play for Madrid in an actual game setting you can see pretty immediately he's capable of playing that role and the mazy dribbles and tricks might happen once a game.

Last edited:

Professional scouts actually use a fuck ton of video. Just not Youtube highlights. The idea that you have to watch someone live is simply bullshit spouted by the dinosaurs on this board.

Professional scouts actually use a fuck ton of video. Just not Youtube highlights. The idea that you have to watch someone live is simply bullshit spouted by the dinosaurs on this board.
Think quite a lot of us use an app on kodi called football repay or another called football today , they give full match repays of all the big games when you want, it makes watching players strengths very easy, it maybe coincidental that the first touch of our buys under Pep have been superb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.