It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t be any quieter..could it?
Will we stick or twist before Jim White shouty day?
I hope we get some cover for Fern but only if it’s the right player at the right price. Difficult to get that balance. I am happy with what Tkixi and Pep decide.

You've pretty much nailed it, it's got to be the right player.

I think we go into windows now with a shortlist (literally)

It will be one with minimal targets that improve the squad. In the past we have bought for the sake of it, in particular after title winning seasons, without talent banking.

Dinho is incredibly and increasingly under rated. He's a complete midfield player. For me there are only a handful of players who can replace him.

I'm concerned like the rest of us that an injury to him could hamper us (he's also barely had a break and is getting older), but if we sign the wrong player then it wouldn't matter either way. Just filling a gap is counter productive.

I'll put my tin hat on for this bit, but I do have faith that Delph can do a job here. He's got a great engine, great strike and reads the game well. He also doesn't mind a tackle.

I'd prefer to find the right replacement but I think we will have enough until January

You've pretty much nailed it, it's got to be the right player.

I think we go into windows now with a shortlist (literally)

It will be one with minimal targets that improve the squad. In the past we have bought for the sake of it, in particular after title winning seasons, without talent banking.

Dinho is incredibly and increasingly under rated. He's a complete midfield player. For me there are only a handful of players who can replace him.

I'm concerned like the rest of us that an injury to him could hamper us (he's also barely had a break and is getting older), but if we sign the wrong player then it wouldn't matter either way. Just filling a gap is counter productive.

I'll put my tin hat on for this bit, but I do have faith that Delph can do a job here. He's got a great engine, great strike and reads the game well. He also doesn't mind a tackle.

I'd prefer to find the right replacement but I think we will have enough until January
No tin hat required mate. I'm sure Fabian could do a decent job there too

Is Delph as effective in the air?

I was going to write about him needing a top hat but it seems there is only millimetres the height comparison. Must be my perception

Is Delph as effective in the air?

I was going to write about him needing a top hat but it seems there is only millimetres the height comparison. Must be my perception

He's okay in duels. Dinho is probably slightly better with his head, but once Fabian has learned the role I'm sure he will be fine.

My biggest concern would be game time for Fabian. I thought he grew into the left back role last season and just got stronger and stronger. I think he needs games.

I think delph can do it,he's been a revelation,how would have thought it
Dinho can be carefully managed,he won't drop off a cliff as he takes good care of himself,as we have an average of 70 odd percent possession and another goalscorer in mahrez we can get out of trouble in most games if he doesn't play and we managed fine when he was out last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.