It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sky sports reporter based in Barcelona saying meeting most Likely to be on Thursday as his father is still in Argentina. His coverage has been fair tbh

Tebas is an empty vessel, and they always make the most noise. Why the hell would we sell Raz to Madrid to placate Tebas ? lets just give the whole CFG to him might as well as .

How would Blues feel about a trade off?

As we know football is political. Tebas Is raging and will do all he can to stop Messi leaving La Liga. Even moreso if it's for us.

What if City offered Real Madrid Sterling to placate him. Not many English players can say they've played for 3 so called elite teams and I think he'd fancy the challenge and it would suit his game.

Would you accept this?

Personally I wouldn't.

Haha I'd tell them to go forth and multiply.

dunno how popular that position is here but i'd give them mahrez, garcia & 50m. If Messi signs, I think it'd be good to shift one winger out and mahrez seems like the choice that makes most sense.

For me, while I would love to see Messi in a blue shirt, I have faith in our system over the last four years, truthfully we have missed most of our key targets, its been very hit and miss. However, we have been successful regardless. Will this happen? on balance I would say our recent track record would indicate no.... but we will remain successful anyway and any transfer can't be seen in isolation

We missed on Fred, Sanchez, Jorginho, Maguire...because we weren't ready to pay over certain limits and we were right.

Yes. And I remember the reaction when Sheikh Mansour bought the club in New York. No-one realised that this was the birth of the CFG, the world's first multinational football entity. Arsene Wenger scoffed his ever so sanctimonious a** of, told us what a distraction it would be and assured us that Kroenke would only invest his money in Arsenal. Since then Kroenke hasn't actually invested a penny in Arsenal and doesn't have any intention of so doing. This is what he has in common with the other American owners in the PL: they take money out first and leave the club with what's left.

On the other hand the CFG is growing and growing. In 2014 City seemed rather calm about a settlement regime which included several rather nasty elements but included some apparently minor details about the CFG, which seemed rather minor itself at hat point. My son, though, could not believe what UEFA had accepted so unconcernedly, almost with a dismissive wave of the paw. And now we're beginning to realise. The CFG offers unrivalled opportunities for monetising a megastar like Messi, to his benefit and the group's. And unique avenues to reward him. As Tolmie told us the club are offering a share option in the CFG, cutting FFP out completely, which Messi can either redeem at the end of his contract or simply keep and remain a shareholder. Either immense riches or the face of the CFG - win-win for both parties? Or "big club" rivals don't have the resources - or the wit - t compete with this level of activity. They're more at home in the world of dodgy emails.
They made the mistake of relying on the regulators to bail them out, and put their own influencers on key committees. Well look how that turned out. They have nothing left to get us with, and we have emerged stronger than they ever imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.