It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be I thought / hoped Gaya the left back but he is at velencia not Savilla
I know Valencia said he's one they want to stay but I'm surprised no one has offered them too much to refuse, I think he's brilliant.

We missed on Fred, Sanchez, Jorginho, Maguire...because we weren't ready to pay over certain limits and we were right.
Yes that's kind of my point, the fact remains that we missed out on the players we wanted because we set ourselves limits to work within within our system(and as I said I trust our system). It's unlikely that Messi will be "cheap"

How would Blues feel about a trade off?

As we know football is political. Tebas Is raging and will do all he can to stop Messi leaving La Liga. Even moreso if it's for us.

What if City offered Real Madrid Sterling to placate him. Not many English players can say they've played for 3 so called elite teams and I think he'd fancy the challenge and it would suit his game.

Would you accept this?

Personally I wouldn't.

Can't see that post getting anything positive in response ........

Just reading some of the so called leaks, for me, just pleased we are not involved as yet, seems the meeting between Messis dad and Barca will be to resolve the differences between them. All this stuff we are hearing about which players and fees etc is just political posturing. Barca and La Liga don't want to be seen as the bad guys in all this.
Barca and Tebas are not doing a very good job of "not being sen as the bad guys" Fck me, they probably couldn't have done much worse.

I respect your opinion but I completely disagree, it's generally the bursts of energy which go first in my opinion. Toure, perfect example, he used to be able to do 4-5 bursts a game, slowly that declined to 1-2, then to one every half a dozen games at the end, but his actual running stats (e.g. distance) wasn't that bad even when his lack of energy was killing us in terms of ball recovery.

Technical ability alone Toure and Silva would still walk into our team, there becomes a point when that's simply not enough.
Toure was 6ft 4 and was a big old unit, of course he was going to have a sudden decline and it's more noticeable in a big fella when the speed and stamina go.
Messi is 5 ft what, 5 or 6? His game isn't going to suddenly fall off like the others, his body is built probably of that of a 30 year old
But like you say all about opinions.

Jesus christ,how the hell are journalists speculating the fee or the players involved in the transaction?Barca and city are not even negotiating in any way at the moment.

Absolutely correct. In actual fact, City will keep it that way until Messi and his dad tell us the next lay of the land.

There is no need for City to even confirm an interest when it could still go legal. The last thing we want is a tribunal deciding to add an extra £50m because we have confirmed an agreement with the player.

On the offering of players and cash, again, see above. City have made it very clear off the record that Jesus and Bernardo are not for sale.

Messi has filmed his stuff with an Argentine unit, no idea who they are.

Technically not a Sevilla player as he was only on loan but they may count him. Could be Kounde or Carlos. Jesus Navas return perhaps?
How can people think it would be Navas? Fucking hell. That is laughable choice when we already have Walker Cancelo Couto and he is already old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.