It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how they can't, Marv?

They are caught between a rock and a hard place. Sending Messi to Coventry, yet still having to pay his mammoth salary and image rights, with ten months left remaining on his contract, makes zero financial sense.

Coupled with destroying his entire legacy, they would have no vehicle to make any actual cash off his back while holding him hostage to his registration.

Thought Messi wasn't contracted and he's free, so don't follow where this 10 months comes in to play TH ?

Listening to Duncan castles podcast ( dislike him, but does get some info spot on)

Proposed package is approx 700m euros over 5 years. Will be structured innovatively. Could be thru equity but would be complicated as they would need to give the valuation of the cfg group

Podcast just came online, so some aggregators will do a better job of summarizing
It’s clearly fiction. Equity would be an interesting possibility- very common but to gift it at the current price gives Messi and City a huge tax bill as it’s a benefit in kind so taxable at 45% plus NI. As for paying him €140m average over his 33rd to 38th year is a nonsense. It just can’t be true.

Do we know that Lionel is in Barcelona? Would he not have been on Holiday, possibly in Florida, then pick up his old fella to come back this way? Be funny if this is the case and that daft twat on Sky sports has been stood outside his house for a week!

So whats his dad negotiating if he’s a free agent? IMO he’ll negotiate a fee that allows barcelona to save face, us to get him for a reasonable fee. He isn’t negotiating for us, but in reality anything he agrees to is what we’ll pay. I ‘ll be very surprised if we don’t pay something in the €90 - 100mill range in the end, either cash or €75mill plus player.
He is there to get leo out of the club,the president wont accept the clause is not there and he is free to go,this has nothing to do with us yet,this is them coming to some kind of agreement on whether he is free agent or not,seems both sides are sure of their position,until tiki gets involved this is not about us, leo putting his case to fifa says to me he wants out for free

Do we know that Lionel is in Barcelona? Would he not have been on Holiday, possibly in Florida, then pick up his old fella to come back this way? Be funny if this is the case and that daft twat on Sky sports has been stood outside his house for a week!

Sounds more plausible considering the plane used (3 hour 32 minute flight time to Florida)

Ahh he had the article ready
Record Sport understands that Messi has agreed financial terms worth €700million (currently £623m) over the course of five years in the employ of City Football Group, the Premier League club's holding company
That is 100m per year ! That aint happening , we are not going to pay him that , if we are not paying kev that then a 33 yr old rocking up when we have already been successful expecting that would destroy squad harmony,i would be totally against that

He is there to get leo out of the club,the president wont accept the clause is not there and he is free to go,this has nothing to do with us yet,this is them coming to some kind of agreement on whether he is free agent or not,seems both sides are sure of their position,until tiki gets involved this is not about us, leo putting his case to fifa says to me he wants out for free
Not sure his dad meeting them will resolve the release clause issue, that would be FIFA and lawyers. My guess is he’ll meet them and try to resolve amicably guess we’ll soon see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.