It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said exactly the same yesterday, seemed I was the only one concerned by this.
We nearly got banned from Europe which could have cost us hundreds of millions of pounds and could have set us back years.
We dodged a bullet and it’s looking like we’re prepared to stick our head right down the barrel again.
I don’t understand how we have gone from sponsorship will cover it to having to do this.
Seems stupid to me.
I ask myself this question when thinking about us being able to afford him.
"Do I trust our owners and those in charge of running the club?"
The answer is a big fuck off 'Yes' and that's why I believe if we sign him it's because we can do so by being fully compliant with FFP.
I just can't see them putting themselves and the club through the mill again. It would make no sense at all

Have I missed anything today other than people flapping and questioning our owners again?
Today's news:
We can't afford him.
A Koulibaly deal has been agreed.
Pep went to Barcelona to tell Messi to stay in Barcelona.
Messi's dad is on a plane.
Aguero dropped the 10 from his instagram handle.
A Koulibaly deal has not been agreed.

Last edited:
If that is the deal there is no issue. But if at 35/36 his wages jump to £1.5m pw, you think UEFA etc won't twig? They won't fuck up the investigation this time.

I doubt we would do it that way, but even if they did 'twig' how much would it cost to persuade Lionel Messi to play in New York or wherever ? And if part of that was a share deal, as a City brand 'ambassador' what is his genuine value to the CFG ?

The answer is a big fuck off 'Yes' and that's why I believe if we sign him it's because we can do so by being fully compliant with FFP.
I just can't see them putting themselves and the club through the mill again. It would make no sense at all
Exactly.

Said exactly the same yesterday, seemed I was the only one concerned by this.
We nearly got banned from Europe which could have cost us hundreds of millions of pounds and could have set us back years.
We dodged a bullet and it’s looking like we’re prepared to stick our head right down the barrel again.
I don’t understand how we have gone from sponsorship will cover it to having to do this.
Seems stupid to me.
I thought we’d said we’ll take him if he is right and he can walk on a free?

We’re passengers on this roller coaster and have to trust our owners to do the right thing.. if you don’t like it then you need to get off the ride at the next station

What have I missed? It’s gone from Messi walking away on a free to us hocking the CFG and willing to put our last 12 years at risk to pay one man his wage.

The world‘s gone Barm Cakes!

Can we move off from the “how will we pay him” posts, it’s fucking dull having to read guesses and responses.

We won’t sign him unless we are rock solid sure we can pay him correctly within ffp limits. Simple.
Being city fan is hard .
You need to have degree in economics, aerodynamic, body language, tarot reading, sport science, massage therapist, law , journalism,flight tracker , blue cone positioning

I trust the club.
However we have gone from sponsorship will cover it, wages won’t be a problem, he may take a pay cut to this.
Seems an unnecessary risk.
So I’m guessing we can’t afford this deal without doing this or why else are we doing it?
I’m obviously not as well up on all financial side as many others, so just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.