It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP gives UEFA power to adjust certain items in the P&L. If it thinks City are loading costs artificially into CFG it will do us. And it now knows exactly which buttons to press, how to ask for information, what to sanction us for non-compliance, what to argue at CAS etc etc. We are playing with fire if we try and be too smart. Either he works as a City signing under FFP without loads of bells and whistles or he doesn't. The wolves (literally and metaphorically) are waiting eagerly for us to slip up.

But surely, they can only legislate for the part where he plays for Manchester City ?

If he has a 2 year deal for MCFC for 275k pw, then moves to China or USA, how can they police it then ?

after we’ve won it three times and we’ll all be laughing.

anyone thinking we can’t afford this deal is literally a moron.
I AM A MORON. Without selling a player (or swapping one) to create a massive fat profit (say Jesus at a notional €100m, we almost certainly can't afford it under FFP as it stands.

Christ, are we really going to do this nonsense again. We will not beat UEFA next time. FFP gives UEFA plenty of power to sanction the club. It will not make the same mistakes next time. We are playing with fire.
Said exactly the same yesterday, seemed I was the only one concerned by this.
We nearly got banned from Europe which could have cost us hundreds of millions of pounds and could have set us back years.
We dodged a bullet and it’s looking like we’re prepared to stick our head right down the barrel again.
I don’t understand how we have gone from sponsorship will cover it to having to do this.
Seems stupid to me.

But surely, they can only legislate for the part where he plays for Manchester City ?

If he has a 2 year deal for MCFC for 275k pw, then moves to China or USA, how can they police it then ?
If that is the deal there is no issue. But if at 35/36 his wages jump to £1.5m pw, you think UEFA etc won't twig? They won't fuck up the investigation this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.