It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I respect projectrivers instincts it seems like Messis arrival would likely trigger a bunch of new sponsorships which would defray his costs. It isn’t likely to be a matter of finding 200 million with no changes to our cash flows so it’s pretty hard to speculate. I just can’t imagine we couldn’t find a way to make this work provided we don’t have to spend 700 million to acquire him

I trust the club.
However we have gone from sponsorship will cover it, wages won’t be a problem, he may take a pay cut to this.
Seems an unnecessary risk.
So I’m guessing we can’t afford this deal without doing this or why else are we doing it?
I’m obviously not as well up on all financial side as many others, so just my opinion.

Well, should our sponsors get Messi, for free or should all of them & perhaps some new ones, pay considerably more ?

I trust the club.
However we have gone from sponsorship will cover it, wages won’t be a problem, he may take a pay cut to this.
Seems an unnecessary risk.
So I’m guessing we can’t afford this deal without doing this or why else are we doing it?
I’m obviously not as well up on all financial side as many others, so just my opinion.
None of those things have been said by the club though. Just people on social media and reporters and journalists trying to fill the time between now and when he signs.
Its a massive guessing game atm and will continue to be so for the next week I'd guess.

None of those things have been said by the club though. Just people on social media and reporters and journalists trying to fill the time between now and when he signs.
Its a massive guessing game atm and will continue to be so for the next week I'd guess.

I don't believe they will be risking all kinds of sanctions in order to sign Messi. What would be the point ?

If it's doable, they've already worked it out.

If it's not, you would think they would have left the circus by now.

If that is the deal there is no issue. But if at 35/36 his wages jump to £1.5m pw, you think UEFA etc won't twig? They won't fuck up the investigation this time.
But if at 35/36 he’s playing in America, it will be outside of UEFA’s jurisdiction, surely?

From what you’ve said, it seems the equity share idea is a dodge that could come back to bite us.

But if Messi signs a contract with CFG that guarantees his £250k pw for two years at City, then does two years at NYCFC for $2m a week, how could UEFA say anything about it? It would be none of their business, surely?

As expected.
Thought the whole point was Sponsors will cover it.

Sponsors may cover some of it, City may cover some of it, NY City may cover some of it, he might buy shares in a new build in Abu Dhabi when he retires & do 10 years as an ambassador for the CFG.

And, he might work for less money.

Meanwhile our revenue increases due to Messi.

I recon City will make money out of this if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.