It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used? How? What has he gained?
Honestly, leverage. Even though "we never made a formal approach" everyone and their nan here was all about him coming with City arms open ready to catch him if he left. There were figures reported, a stint here and then at NYFC as well as a stake in CFG... to say City weren't interested is simply a charade to save face once the deal (if he does stay put) settles. City officials and the rest here with more pride than honesty can say "We never REALLY wanted him."

It may well be that our presence was at the end of the day technically irrelevant- but you can't prove that City waiting in the wings and the throngs of light blue planning his arrival didn't have some influence.

I'll admit to getting caught up once the writing began to appear on the wall but honestly can trace back where I was vehemently against him coming before this all got rolling when it was just your usual summer "Messi to City" distraction. I feel we could use those funds to land a long term talent (Aouar perhaps)+ funding our dire need for a CB. The response "If Messi is available you throw out the baby with the bath and get him."

I don't know anything but at least can admit that instead of claiming otherwise. At the end of the day- no one really knows anything except the player and the ones closest to them. The rest is pure speculation that fuels forums and drives click counts.

Read this online and it's absolutely correct

By the way, it’s completely irrational and ridiculous to think that City have been just sat watching the Messi situation and not progressing other deals. That’s not how it works. Less panic please.

You'd like to think so but considering we've been pricking about with ADL for Koulibaly for over a month rather than moving on and not letting him take the piss, it doesn't exactly bode well.

If it goes to court how long does that take, I’m honestly not arsed anymore, he either comes this season or never, move on to younger prospects, hell we’ve just added another club to the CFG, we will have loads of talent on the books in the future.

It doesn't look good for us. Its only a few days ago that Messi no longer considered himself a Barca player. Now his father and agent is saying yes to the possibility of him staying at the club Messi believes he has already left?

FFS, what else can he say?
Of course they’re working on Messi leaving. You really think he would fly halfway across the globe to give up after one meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.