It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a flaw but it has clearly affected him for a long period of time, and City have been very, very patient and understanding with him.

Time to move on for both parties.

And in David Silva's case, I would say the situation was far worse, he was far from home, away from wife and child and his child was in a life threatening condition. His ability to continue to play and still at the highest level was incredible and courageous.

How on earth did we get to the point where we're comparing an actual near tragedy and genuinely horrific family situation like David Silva's son being born extremely prematurely in Spain and staying in hospital for months with John Stones sleeping around until his missus finally kicked him out?

The two aren't comparable at all.

If Stones didn't want to break up with his girlfriend, he should have stopped cheating on her the first time she caught him in 2017 and made him get that shit tattoo when they reunited. He kept doing it, and eventually she had enough.

He doesn't deserve much sympathy from City fans for an entirely self-inflicted personal problem stopping him from being able to play football at a half decent level for 18 months.

There are many personal life situations that deserve sympathy and excuse bad performances for a bit - Stones' isn't one of them.

If your'e going to sympathise with him, feel bad about his injuries - those are actually unfortunate.

Both Torres and Ake are great purchases.

Kane however I seriously question (if we are in for him) - Id go as far to say that I hope we are NOT in for him and IM one who has been calling for reinforcements int hat department.....

Kane now or someone like Halland in a year is a no brainer to me - Having an injury prone Kane on high wages stops our development in that area of the next 4 -5 years and his injuries are only going to cause more issues and become more reoccurring.

He is injured at Spurs because he has to play 90 mins for them so often. We could manage him a lot better. His scoring record is incredible. It doesn't put us back in that department at all. Who else is there that guarantees you goals like Kane? Haaland is unproven. Benteke had a cracking season once too.

Aguero is likely to play even less next season and Jesus is still developing. Kane would come in and score a shit load for the next 4 years and then there might be another player worthy of signing. For me there is no better forwards signing for us than Kane. His hold up play, passing, penalty taking and general goals per game makes him the best striker in the league by a mile...except for Aguero.

He is injured at Spurs because he has to play 90 mins for them so often. We could manage him a lot better. His scoring record is incredible. It doesn't put us back in that department at all. Who else is there that guarantees you goals like Kane? Haaland is unproven. Benteke had a cracking season once too.

Aguero is likely to play even less next season and Jesus is still developing. Kane would come in and score a shit load for the next 4 years and then there might be another player worthy of signing. For me there is no better forwards signing for us than Kane. His hold up play, passing, penalty taking and general goals per game makes him the best striker in the league by a mile...except for Aguero.

Would you pay 150M?

No one, including Kane can guarantee anything, stupid comment to make to try and inflate your argument

How on earth did we get to the point where we're comparing an actual near tragedy and genuinely horrific family situation like David Silva's son being born extremely prematurely in Spain and staying in hospital for months with John Stones sleeping around until his missus finally kicked him out?

If Stones didn't want to break up with his girlfriend, he should have stopped cheating on her the first time she caught him in 2017 and made him get that shit tattoo when they reunited. He kept doing it, and eventually she had enough.

He doesn't deserve much sympathy from City fans for an entirely self-inflicted personal problem stopping him from being able to play football at a half decent level for 18 months.

There are many personal life situations that deserve sympathy and excuse bad performances for a bit - Stones' isn't one of them.

If your'e going to sympathise with him, feel bad about his injuries - those are actually unfortunate.
His injury are also due to improper/inadequate training that usually comes with personal problems at home. In his case which was self inflicted. That in some ways are also not pity material.
I also think he will come good if he manages to solve those problems. I hope it is not in another club.

Completely agree, people on here were defending John Stones for having mental issues.

He simply has issues of his own making. The club have shown incredible patience with him, particularly his manager.

He , John Stones has let Pep down badly, especially after the injury to Laporte.

Get rid, he is a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.