It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Long time reader first time poster. I’ve been sceptical about Messi joining all the way through but after today’s statement I actually think it could happen. He has put tremendous pressure on Barca’s hierarchy and I think a bid from City might just be successful. Still a month to go.
That’s the spirit.

The letter from his dad was to show the clause was real and that he wasn’t staying because he had lied.

This was followed up with the interview where he explained what had happened.

I don’t know of another situation where a club would lie like this to keep a player against his will.

Messi correctly stated that he could go but was threatened with legal action against both himself and any club he moved to. Barca know that they would lose but also know it would be a long drawn out battle that Messi can not afford at his age. So they acted like spoilt 5 year olds.

So what choice did Lionel have left under these circumstances? Go in a year for free and make it as uncomfortable as he could for the Barca board. Having said what he did Messi could constantly criticise the board at every future opportunity damaging Barca more and more. Their reputation and that of the club in tatters. If Barca wants to play dirty then so can Messi.

The tactic is to make it so uncomfortable for the board that they sell him rather than be ruined. It has to be worse than the criticism they would get for losing him. Messi is doing a great job...it’s a brilliant start to what will be an on-going shit storm.

Of course City knew what he was going to say.

Either they let him go or it will get worse and worse for Barca. Already some of the board think it was the wrong decision. Who would want to go there now when the best player has announced its a shambles of a club? Bartomeu is now under enormous pressure from his own board and the police.

There is no good ending for Barca. They can minimise the damage with a u turn. Either Bartomeu will realise it or be removed by someone who does.

Anyone thinking Bartomeu has in some way been clever is deluded. He is ruined after that interview with Messi. His reputation is in tatters and each passing day gets worse.

The tactic might not work but it is the only one left and if he thinks this has all gone away now he’s even more stupid than his past actions indicate.
Good post, but you missed the part where Messi is a bottler and a ****.

I think after him saying about his family being destroyed by the prospect of him moving I honestly can't see why he would take his kids away from school and friends and his wife away from where she considers her home for the sake of 2 years at City. It just makes no sense. He will retire at Barca because once a new president is elected he will sign a one or two year extension. I don't think It's the "I couldn't take the club I love to court" excuse though as he seems pretty happy to demand leaving and tear them a new one publically. Plus he knows Barca fans support him in this scenario. All smoke and mirrors from a man who cannot bear the thought of upsetting his kids and wife. I fully understand why he has decided to stay. I do not think this is all Barca are bad guys though. I think he has swallowed his pride for the sake of his family, not because he is being "held hostage".

I think after him saying about his family being destroyed by the prospect of him moving I honestly can't see why he would take his kids away from school and friends and his wife away from where she considers her home for the sake of 2 years at City. It just makes no sense. He will retire at Barca because once a new president is elected he will sign a one or two year extension. I don't think It's the "I couldn't take the club I love to court" excuse though as he seems pretty happy to demand leaving and tear them a new one publically. Plus he knows Barca fans support him in this scenario Smoke and mirrors from a man who cannot bear the thought of upsetting his kids and wife. I fully understand why he has decided to stay. I do not think this is all Barca are bad guys though. I think he has swallowed his pride for the sake of his family, not because he is being "held hostage".

That sums it up for me.

I’ve just come off the phone with a long standing mate jordi from Barca he’s met me on every spike trip I’ve done to Barca he’s been a season ticket holder for 20 years his take is ....Barca have bought Koeman in as a fall guy he’ll get rid of all the top earners , jordi genuinely said and I’ll repeat genuinely said they thought city would come in with a huge offer for messi which we haven’t and now Barca are fooked by this .
he’s said “ we’re fooked “.
interesting call from a Barca fan born and bread .
He said they want to him to go to a good home .
But jordi is now a blue as well .

But surely with what Messi said about upsetting his family, he isn't going to want to move even if we put a bid in now.

No if you listen he is saying he wanted to leave so badly that he was even prepared to upset his family. That hasn’t changed.

He is showing people the lengths he is prepared to go to to get out not saying he has changed his mind.

The idea is to create the picture of a shambles of a club that anyone would want to leave and nobody in their right mind would consider joining because it’s that bad.

That’s the point he is making clearly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.