It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unlikely that Messi will come now but barcelona's position is far from ideal is it?

• Messi is going to consider pre-contract negotiations in 3 months
  • His wages are enormous, and I think he has a loyalty bonus due at the end of the season too.
  • They are financially stretched and if they freed his wages and brought in some money they could bring in players like Martinez
  • Messi failed to carry them last season. It's likely to deteriorate still further this season
  • It will be really bad for team morale to have the key figure in your side constantly being linked away from the club. That's very damaging and difficult to deal with.
I don't think you can entirely discount a re-think from barca if we put £100m down on the table. We might aas well try. It's hardly an ideal situation for barca is it? It does not look likely I agree but it wouldn't surprise me if we put a bid in. What have we got to lose by doing so?

I can't help but feel like we're starting to stumble into batshit crazy conspiracy territory. If a bid goes in and Barca don't immediately shoot it down then I'll hold my hands up. But I think, if we're all being honest, today doesn't look like it was some sort of master plan to put a move into action this summer.

Of course it's not over. It's not going to be over until Messi signs a new contract.

as much as I would have liked him to play for us I firmly believe he is a one club man, given what he feels for Barca I'd actually wonder how well he would play for another club

one thing that hasn't been mentioned is regarding him losing a court case, it all seems to be down to him not wanting to take Barca to court at all and this is where he has proven that he just doesn't have the willpower to actually leave them. If he really did and things were as bad as he claims then he could end this two ways with court or the webster rule but he just hasn't got it in him to push it through

hopefully from our side now we back away from this, if we pay the money being talked about we are just mugs, if we wait for him to sign in January then we are even bigger mugs as he will find a way to not go through with it again, he is better just waiting for a new president and then signing a new contract with Barca

I hope someday we will stop trying to be nice and please people that will never accept our club and what we do, we still need to toughen up and become more ruthless in how we operate

its always been between Messi and Ronaldo as the best player of this generation, I'd have always gone with Messi but the simple fact is that he doesn't back himself to make it anywhere other than Barca, he will always find a way to stay there.

my other annoyance with this is employees of City so concerned about Barca, I don't care about their history with that club, they work for and are well paid by us and should be thinking more about us than hurting barca's feelings

Great post. Totally agree we should walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.