It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are in the neighborhood of 150k members, 15% (16,500 signatures) are needed by September 23 to force a vote of no confidence. If the necessary signatures are finally obtained and validated by the club, the 'true' machinery of the motion, which involves a vote in which a minimum of 10% of the member census participates requires 2/3 of votes against the president for it to succeed in the removal of Bartomeu from office.

Allegedly, despite the COVID situation, the collection of votes is moving along well but important to note a President has never been ultimately removed by this process. This censure was attempted very recently against Bartomeu and only achieved 12,500 votes (They look to be sure to surpass this). Rosell & his cohorts did similar against Laporta in 2008 before Pep's arrival and it led to a vote of no confidence (They only got 60%)

Thanks for that. So from the sounds of it, it is not something that might happen in time for messi leaving this window, regardless of it it goes on to happen.

Which brings me to the other thing that crossed my mind with this. That bartomeu Will let messi go and has agreed to with his dad, but on the condition that messi first agrees to stay, and says it publicly, at least until the threat of a no confidence deal is removed. I.e bartomeu gets to posture that he kept messi, and stopped hom leaving and hope that persuades voters not to sign the petition. Thereafter, he would soften his stance and let him leave, for some amount.

I have absolutely nothing to support that. The only thing that to me feels so odd is how quickly it has all timed out, which makes me think it was pre agreed. i.e, tough stances, meeting, instant leaks he is staying, statement from jorge , instant response from la liga, same day pre recorded video. That, if it wasn't pre orchestrated would never happen at that pace, imho.

btw, do you speak Spanish? ie did you take the interview in in its original language

Messi will listen to the next president to decide if he continues at FC Barcelona. He will also assess the offers He receives from other clubs as of January 1 as per
@Jordigil @sport

Barca stupid not to sell him now

Also stupid not to keep him!

it happens this window, or it never happens. And not in a 'we don't want him next year' way, or at least not solely in that way. I think the landscape will be so different come the end of the window that it will be it, for messi.

Thanks for that. So from the sounds of it, it is not something that might happen in time for messi leaving this window, regardless of it it goes on to happen.

Which brings me to the other thing that crossed my mind with this. That bartomeu Will let messi go and has agreed to with his dad, but on the condition that messi first agrees to stay, and says it publicly, at least until the threat of a no confidence deal is removed. I.e bartomeu gets to posture that he kept messi, and stopped hom leaving and hope that persuades voters not to sign the petition. Thereafter, he would soften his stance and let him leave, for some amount.

I have absolutely nothing to support that. The only thing that to me feels so odd is how quickly it has all timed out, which makes me think it was pre agreed. i.e, tough stances, meeting, instant leaks he is staying, statement from jorge , instant response from la liga, same day pre recorded video. That, if it wasn't pre orchestrated would never happen at that pace, imho.

btw, do you speak Spanish? ie did you take the interview in in its original language
Have to agree that the sequence and timing of events, pre orchestrated does sound plausible

There's a chance that it was City and not Messi who pulled out of the deal based on the prospect of facing legal action from Barcelona and La Liga.

There are so many problems for Barcelona:
  • The window closes in October but a couple of months later Messi can talk to clubs about a free transfer at the end of the season so the speculation and argument will be incessant. Do not underestimate how damaging this will be.

• The financial loss to Barcelona (the opportunity of realising a transfer fee and freeing the club of his wage is in the order of £200m). And after spending huge sums on players like Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann, they can not be that strong. All clubs are suffering under Covid.

• The dominance of the Barcelona team has decline significantly. They used to average around 90 points a season. Last season they finished with 82 points. It is inconceivable that this side with Messi can challenge for the Champions League next season. Their entire side is ageing. They need wholesale change. Is it worth rebuilding a side around a player who will likely leave soon?

• Messi is 33. Aspects of his game are still wonderful but he also presents defensive problems for his coach which possibly have an impact on team spirit. In an era of high intensity football, is it possible that you can be successful when you have a player whose own intensity is severely lacking? His performances in the Champions League games were unimpressive. He flickered. No one even expected Messi to dominate the game against Bayern. We knew he'd struggle. He was however playing alongside players who were as old as him.

• The spirit of the team will be destroyed. This is likely Messi's last season. He doesn't want to be there and this not only affects Messi, it affects the entire team. We have seen this 'dead man walking syndrome' many times in football.
Barcelona should sell him in this window. There are some negatives to Messi now such as his age, and the financial cost but City are clearly committed to it at present.

City might make an offer to Barcelona but even though Barcelona should sell him I don't think they will. They knew Messi was unhappy. His public statement may have been surprising but it's not news that he wanted out. If they wanted a deal surely they would have spoken to City and given us a green light? Messi's video suggested he had reconciled himself to staying and that he still regarded himself as a Barcelona player. If there was a significant chance of a deal, why would you accommodate? Why not continue to force a move when you have already gone so far?

Whatever happens, the speculation and argument will continue.

SNIP

Messi did everything he could and more. It’s up to City now.

no he didn't - plain and simple

“There was another way and it was to go to trial," he added. “I would never go to court against Barca because it is the club that I love, which gave me everything since I arrived.

he isn't willing to do what he needs to do to get out of this nightmare situation for himself, so how bad is it really for him ? They stated the strength of their position on the legal side, this isn't about the fear of losing its about not being willing to do it in the first place

so what has he achieved ?
made a president and board unpopular - they already were
pissed off the players by saying they aren't good enough - think people already knew that
cost any club that wishes to sign him in this window a crazy fee for a 33 year old
will start an auction for his services in January (if still there) - all clubs come back into the picture here - now crazy money for a 34 year old when he signs
will wait to see what happens at the elections and sign a new deal with the club he loves - this all the way

the powers that be seem to hang on every word that he is committed to joining us, given how he has shown that he won't do what he has to do why would you believe that he will sign for us ?

I'd much rather the money for this was used on a younger player or put back in the safe

If Messi was to sign a pre contract agreement with us in January, I wonder does he still qualify for his huge loyalty payment on completion of his Barca contract?

He has already been paid the full loyalty bonus. Because the contract was a 3+1 optional year and not a 4 year, the whole loyalty bonus of 70m got paid out across the 3 years.

The Messi saga makes Bartomeu look really bad and the video from Messi would likely encourage more members to sign the petition not less.

no he didn't - plain and simple

“There was another way and it was to go to trial," he added. “I would never go to court against Barca because it is the club that I love, which gave me everything since I arrived.

he isn't willing to do what he needs to do to get out of this nightmare situation for himself, so how bad is it really for him ? They stated the strength of their position on the legal side, this isn't about the fear of losing its about not being willing to do it in the first place

so what has he achieved ?
made a president and board unpopular - they already were
pissed off the players by saying they aren't good enough - think people already knew that
cost any club that wishes to sign him in this window a crazy fee for a 33 year old
will start an auction for his services in January (if still there) - all clubs come back into the picture here - now crazy money for a 34 year old when he signs
will wait to see what happens at the elections and sign a new deal with the club he loves - this all the way

the powers that be seem to hang on every word that he is committed to joining us, given how he has shown that he won't do what he has to do why would you believe that he will sign for us ?

I'd much rather the money for this was used on a younger player or put back in the safe
What if City did not want to take the risk of signing a player who would then be subject to legal action?

The one thing he has done is reduce the size of any transfer fee that would be payable in this window. I think that was what he was doing.

What if City did not want to take the risk of signing a player who would then be subject to legal action?

The one thing he has done is reduce the size of any transfer fee that would be payable in this window. I think that was what he was doing.
Would that not be just between Messi and Barca and nowt to do with City?
Genuine question Marv......dont understand all the legal shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.