It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most boards would decide to sell rather then risking that he signs a pre contract in January and leaves for free, but Barca is more then a club and he might actually be worth 200m for a season, so hard to tell..
If Messi was to sign a pre contract agreement with us in January, I wonder does he still qualify for his huge loyalty payment on completion of his Barca contract?

I did say this before TH and Ahsan said it wasn't over...it made no sense for Messi to concede now.

Even if it's true that Bartomeu said €700m or court, why would you give up after a week? Why would you not use your influence at the club and power with the fans to try and pressure him into changing his stance?

At the very least, why would you not use the stand off and the carrot of coming back into the fold as a way to get some decent signings in for next season if you can't leave?

Nothing made sense about conceding yesterday on the grounds that he gave.
If rumors are true the signings are Wijnaldum & Depay. Can’t think that Messi is gonna look at those two incoming couples with Suarez and Vidal going out and think “Better lock into this squad for another 2 years.”

If you read the whole article I do think he has a point. I think it’s quite clear we need a new forward to come in and be clinical in front of goal. Messi would have been special and bridged the gap & more. Now that appears off if we don’t get another top forward I really don’t see us winning this league and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we might have strong competition for 2nd place.

Would happily be proved wrong but you have to judge off last season and a strong defence alone would not have made the difference for us.

So the team who's scored the most goals for the past 3 seasons needs another forward to have a shout at the title? I'd have to disagree

The one big big positive from this whole saga has been that it has totally diverted media attention from focus on pep and his contract extension. That is a level of outside pressure so far avoided.

Time will tell. Not for me, i think that interview was meant to be a 'that is what i felt and wanted, but it is over now, i'm staying, lets move on'. With a couple low blows landed for good measure. Based on that alone, i don't see anyone making any further moves, at least not us or the messi camp. Perhaps the spanish speakers can correct me, but that's what i take from it. (said this earlier in a lengthier post here).
That of course is just what i take from the interview itself, and based on that alone. In which case, it convincingly does its part.

The deux exmachina in this Could be this petition amongst club members for bartomeu to step down. Not sure of the details of how that works, perhaps one for @FCBarca to come in on with some clarification (and perhaps contradict or support my understanding of the video in both my comments on it as well, if he speaks spanish).

How many Barcelona members are there? they need 16000 signatures, what percentage is that? i did see that reportedly all 8 fan group bodies were supporting the petition, and all rival candidates too, which is claimed has never happened before. They did however claim the covid lockdown was a bit of a hinderance in getting the signatures.
What would happen if they did get them, does bartomeu step down, does he get replaced by someone from his possy, until the elections, do the elections get brough forward?

There is another possibility here, that has crossed my mind, although a far fetched one, but i won't try squeeze it in to this already too long post.

There are in the neighborhood of 150k members, 15% (16,500 signatures) are needed by September 23 to force a vote of no confidence. If the necessary signatures are finally obtained and validated by the club, the 'true' machinery of the motion, which involves a vote in which a minimum of 10% of the member census participates requires 2/3 of votes against the president for it to succeed in the removal of Bartomeu from office.

Allegedly, despite the COVID situation, the collection of votes is moving along well but important to note a President has never been ultimately removed by this process. This censure was attempted very recently against Bartomeu and only achieved 12,500 votes (They look to be sure to surpass this). Rosell & his cohorts did similar against Laporta in 2008 before Pep's arrival and it led to a vote of no confidence (They only got 60%)

This was the breakdown last summer of current club census
1599372923931.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.