It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m always amazed at how we talk about our rubbish Defense

From a pure stats point of view:

c557ba52d378c559b059c959ffd51e37.jpg

I know it’s a case of lies dam lies and statistics but we are not too badly off.

So for transfers I’m not sure I would want to see a wedge bunged at a problem that isn’t huge and is partially tactical and something we have to put up with no matter who is playing or who we are playing.

Consistent selection at the back will help also.

Last season we were very unlucky, teams put away every dam chance against us, a catalogue of errors were capitalised on that usually we might get away with in previous years, and also we are not as clinical upfront as we think given the shear number of guilt edge chances we created.

Put it basically we didn’t get the luck at all last season, if we do get it even 25% of the time next season we are fine.

Luck and what is actually a good defence that we currently have and we will do well.

Just a personal opinion but I don’t think we have that much to complain about.

If we often have to score 3 goals in order to beat the better sides, we won't win very much.

Imo, if we think Tosin is any good, he should be introduced as 5th choice during the season, then if he really is good, we sell off one of the 4 & use him. Sandler looks better to me but he's not club trained.

I dont think Tosin is any worse than Garcia at this point last year. If anything he has played more games. Assuming we cant get rid of Otamendi who is dead wood in my book then he's worth a go given its no cost.

I dont think Tosin is any worse than Garcia at this point last year. If anything he has played more games. Assuming we cant get rid of Otamendi who is dead wood in my book then he's worth a go given its no cost.

I don't think any of our young cbs are worse than Garcia at defending.

He has no right to be playing. Not at cb anyhow.

I’m always amazed at how we talk about our rubbish Defense

From a pure stats point of view:

c557ba52d378c559b059c959ffd51e37.jpg

I know it’s a case of lies dam lies and statistics but we are not too badly off.

So for transfers I’m not sure I would want to see a wedge bunged at a problem that isn’t huge and is partially tactical and something we have to put up with no matter who is playing or who we are playing.

Consistent selection at the back will help also.

Last season we were very unlucky, teams put away every dam chance against us, a catalogue of errors were capitalised on that usually we might get away with in previous years, and also we are not as clinical upfront as we think given the shear number of guilt edge chances we created.

Put it basically we didn’t get the luck at all last season, if we do get it even 25% of the time next season we are fine.

Luck and what is actually a good defence that we currently have and we will do well.

Just a personal opinion but I don’t think we have that much to complain about.
Our defence is not rubbish, and the constant exaggerations don't help discussion.

But there are issues. We do have shaky personnel at the back. We should be conceding under 20 goals a season with the system we have. Sometimes in fairness it's as solid as it needs to be (hence all the clean sheets) but it has a habit of dropping a bollock and sometimes this past season it's struggled against better attacks. If you look back at all the goals we conceded this season I reckon a lot come down to bad pieces of defending by at least one player.

To repeat our defence obviously isn't bad but it's certainly incomplete. Really I think another CB with a bit of leadership plugs almost all the problems. I do think it's that simple. Our defence becomes significantly less porous almost immediately.

Another thing is that I think with our system the xG conceded should be lower, as impressive as it's been. The way we play would cause even the most defensively excellent back line ever issues. That probably stems from worse pressing up top, but I'd argue that THAT stems from Pep not trusting the defence.

Basically, we're better defensively than people say we are, certainly as a team. But there's improvements to be made and the most obvious fix is in the CB department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.