It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Ederson seems so eager to be involved in the offensive side of our game he at times botches his defensive assignment makes a rash last second decision and trips over the keeper 101 handbook (keep the ball out of the net) which he at times throws out the window.
For the way we play Ederson is the best keeper out there, end of story.

I agree.

I thought Rodri would be awesome but he is too slow for how we play.

Teams now will just sit back in a low block and long ball over our entire mid. Rodri doesn't have the legs to get back and defend.

Indeed mate.

Compare and contrast with peak Fernandinho.

It's like replacing a Lamborghini with a fucking milk float.

most of our goals conceded are from wayward passes, we push our fullbacks up high and wide , the ball comes into our dm, if the dm loses possession or gives a bad ball then the oppo break, leaving the CB exposed ,imo we shoot ourselves in the foot 99% of the time rather than great play from the oppo, a brilliant passing DM is what we need to cut out 50% of the goals we concede , and a 20% improvement in our finishing.

There's a chap I've seen who could fit the bill. Quite young and still developing, a bit conservative in his approach, but seems to be able to pick a pass. Also rather good at retaining possession. Oh and he's pretty useful from corners and I've also seen him score thunderbolt goals. Think his name is Rodri or some such. Not sure why he's not on our radar.

I agree.

Teams now will just sit back in a low block and long ball over our entire mid. Rodri doesn't have the legs to get back and defend.

At least if we are going to play him, we need the players behind him & around him to be sharp enough to compensate. Usually we have several who aren't.

I agree.

Did you watch Rodri before he played for us, because you can't possibly think he would be "awesome" but are now surprised how slow he is?

He is slow, that isn't an issue here. The problem is a stupidly highline with defenders incapable of playing it. Gundogan stood 3ft away from him for 90mins also doesn't help.

Put KDB and Bernardo or preferrably Aouar in that midfield and Rodri can be left to do what he does best.

I agree.

Rodri is nothing to do with the long ball over the top, no more than Fernandinho would be. The problem is not pressing enough to prevent that, and defenders not being quick enough when it does happen. Fix those two thing, and I think we will myself, then Rodri will be the player you expected .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.