It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be over in the eyes of some optimistic people at City (and Tolmie, whose optimism shines through in how he shares the info he gets), but it very clearly is over in the eyes of Bartomeu. Doesnt matter what we think.

The only way anything can happen now is if Bartomeu gets a vote of no confidence (a number of Barca members have done this apparently but nowhere near enough to make the threshold to set things in motion) and even then they will need to go through a process to get someone to replace him and then that person would have to make a very bold move to agree a fee with us - there’s just no time to do all that, there’s too many dependencies and variables, Messi may even stay with a new president anyway. Just can’t see it myself, would love to be proved wrong.

Don't know who that is aimed at exactly bud but I tell you what, you can come back to me once the window is shut and we'll see how the cards lie. I think (well I hope) that you'll be amazed at what City have done quietly and with no fuss. Yes it will be after the season is well underway but you might have noticed some exceptional circumstances that are still ongoing.

Edit: I am in no way ITK.

Wasn't at you.

I hope you're right and I'll hold my hands up that I was premature with any criticism.

Just my view that I'd rather not go for Messi and any money earmarked for him should go to strengthen other parts of the team. Others will think differently.

Calling others stupid for an observation is a bit much.

I hope you're all right that we're working on multiple transfers.

Just my observation that since the Messi stuff started that all other transfer rumours stopped, even for Tolmie.
OK, I'll change it to the idea of thinking we do one transfer at a time is a stupid one.

It isn't over!!

lookie lookie , this time with 2 exclamation marks !!

cheers Tolmie , hope you elaborate soon

it was last friday , he gave that interview of staying ....been following barca twitter handles to follow Messi news ever since , like Barca Centre and Hagrid. It is pretty clear that Barca are in a poor shape financially and thats without taking COVID into consideration.

Selling Messi this window for them makes the most sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.