It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly they may have factored in the possibility that this season ends up a write off if COVID gets worse. That would add a year onto KKs age and if we pay 80M for him then it will be 40m for two seasons, plus his wages for three seasons with no sell on value. Not great business.

Seems the posters on here are split between those saying our squad isn't good enough to those saying our squad is the best in the universe.

Possibly they may have factored in the possibility that this season ends up a write off if COVID gets worse. That would add a year onto KKs age and if we pay 80M for him then it will be 40m for two seasons, plus his wages for three seasons with no sell on value. Not great business.

Yeah the grim reality is probably a year from now a lot of players will be available for far cheaper because a lot of football clubs will have gone to the wall or be closer.

This is just the ultimate in "new toy syndrome".

Look at our squad FFS.

Sergio Aguero - best striker in PL history.
Raheem Sterling - POTY nominee, YPOTY winner.
Bernardo Silva - POTY nominee.
Riyad Mahrez - POTY winner.
KDB - POTY winner, best midfielder in the world.
Phil Foden - Best English prospect in 20 years.
Ferran Torres - Spains best player in his age group, one of their biggest prospects

The reason those pricks are signing Havertz and Ziyech and Werner is because we're fucking miles ahead of them.

Honestly the ability for people on this forum to downplay City's players is beyond belief. We have the best squad in the country. We had it before last season, and we have it now.

There was always going to be a comedown from 198 points in 2 seasons. The answer isn't just to buy players, it's to re-energise and motivate the ones we already have. No one has signed a better player this summer than Bernardo Silva in 18/19 form. No one has signed a more exciting youth prospect than Phil Foden.

Don't mistake a dip in form after the 2 best seasons in English football history back to back for players not being good enough.
Even the weakest points in our squad are still better than a lot of our competition. Stones walks into Chelsea's back line, even on last season's form. Gundogan is miles better than Jorginho, better than Winks, better than Xhaka. A half fit Mendy is better than most left backs in the league, and a fully fit Mendy is better than all of them bar Robertson. Rodri is Usain bolt compared to Matic.

Who says we havn`t.
Mere speculation on your bed wetting.
The official site says we haven't
I admire your optimism but, until we actually sign someone, I'm entitled to also have the opinion that the board have had a poor summer

You're as ITK as me - so the fact we kick off in 4 days without our problems rectified says to me we haven't

So who do we prefer Kounde or Koulibaly?

Koulibaly is better suited to to our immediate needs, but Koundé is a really highly rated 21 year old who could pay dividends for much longer.

I think the more important comparison is Kounde vs. Gimenez or Diego Carlos, and the answer to that is Koundé hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.