It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suprised its got this far. I commented quite a few pages ago that I cant understand why we are actually talking to them. I am sorry for the player, but I hope at this point we are going to walk away leaving them high and dry, with signings already on board - it will send a message. Problem is, we needed someone in for Monday, with Laporte being unavailable.
I know he splits opinion like others but there are other prospects out there. I'm disapointed. I can only assume Pep is desperate for him.

After last season I think a lot of fans are doubtful we'll ever reach the heights of the previous two seasons again. That's what we're striving for, right?. I think we'll still have a hangover from our last competitive game the Lyon debacle, time will tell and hopefully we come out all guns blazing on Monday to shut me and many others up.
I’m not sure we will reach the heights of the previous 2 seasons, this season. It’s not always possible, sometimes a rebuild is required which takes time and patience. I’m sure we’re always striving to be as good as we can be, why wouldn’t we? But I definitely wouldn’t base my assessment of the season to come on a game against Lyon, where most fans based their opinions on the performance of the manager...which I don’t happen to agree with.

Next year everyone knows Aguero's contract is ending so they'll be asking for mega money for any striker we go for.

I bet Txiki is hoping there are some out there with a low buy out clause.

Only way we can bring players in at the moment.

Cavani is a free agent and Jovic is available on loan

We never do these kinds of deals tho

Gabriel Jesus will have to play all the games in September , October and maybe November if Aguero isnt fit. thats excluding internationals. Thats a lot of minutes for a player.

There's a real opportunity for Delap to get a bit of game time if Pep places some trust in him. No reason why he shouldn't get some cup minutes.

I know I'm still fair too optimistic about our academy lads chances and Sterling will just play there, but we should be giving him a real shot this season given our striker situation.

So we now go into the season without Laporte for maybe 2 weeks & Aguero for at least 4-6 weeks not great having young CB who wants to leave Stones & Otamendi who didn't feature in the last half dozen games & Jesus up top who runs like fuck & puts the effort in yet couldnt hit barn door if he tried

Ake in at the deep end but time to step up

If we get anything at Wolves & a win at home v Liecester it would be a decent start but don't hold your breath

Pep didn't sound enthusiastic in his presser & we still don't know if Koulabily is coming
Next 3 weeks is going to be painful

I’d take Jovic or even Suarez on loan. The latter might not be quick, but he knows how to find the back of the net.

That's simply not true. Ake and Torres isn't better than Sane and Silva. Our squad isn't stronger.

Sane didn't play one game last season and Silva was bang average for the most of it. If you're viewing where our squad is right now, compared to last season, we are stronger.

We're technically a midfielder down now, but Bernardo and Foden couldn't buy a game centrally last season and I'll argue that we are better off now that Pep has his hand forced over having to select one of them as Silva was showing clear signs of regression last season when one of those two would have been a better option.

Ake means if Laporte is out, we have a competent replacement - our biggest issue last season was not having one, so we have plugged our biggest issue with a very decent defender.

Torres obviously isn't on Sane's level yet, but Sane has been out of the picture for over a year, so he doesn't remotely factor right now. He's also going to surprise a lot of people because he's quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.