It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great run built on Peo, determination and Kompany staying fit. We had/have a brilliant team and will always be capable of putting runs like that together.

But it doesn’t change the fact that our style of play changed drastically for the worse when we signed Mendy which pushed Sane out of the team. Mahrez getting so much playing time plays the game differently and has been one of the biggest factors in us losing our cutting edge.

And it’s all very well Pep not wanting Sane but since he’s been out of the team from being injured over a year ago we haven’t reached anywhere near the previous standards.
We signed Mendy in 2017. The season in which Sane won YPOTY. When Sane and Mendy played together before Mendy's ACL Sane destroyed Liverpool.

Can’t agree with that last paragraph mate. We could have the best coach and not the best squad. Or the best squad and not best coach. Even neither of those but we ain’t got the best coach and squad last season is proof of that.
We haven't got the best squad either. Just because its expensive doesn't mean its the best.

Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko are shite thats the problem. Recruitment is big issue.

don't understand how Txiki gets a pass and blame Pep.

I agree but Pep must have been in agreement to sign them or extend their contracts.

I agree that Txiki has to take his share of the blame as well,

That was a great run built on Peo, determination and Kompany staying fit. We had/have a brilliant team and will always be capable of putting runs like that together.

But it doesn’t change the fact that our style of play changed drastically for the worse when we signed Mendy which pushed Sane out of the team. Mahrez getting so much playing time plays the game differently and has been one of the biggest factors in us losing our cutting edge.

And it’s all very well Pep not wanting Sane but since he’s been out of the team from being injured over a year ago we haven’t reached anywhere near the previous standards.
Don’t see how Mendy pushed Sane out Mendy hardly played when Sane was left out for Bernardo and Sterling, while winning everything.

We haven't got the best squad either. Just because its expensive doesn't mean its the best.

Yeah it’s why is said neither best coach or squad. Others will disagree obviously. I think Bayern and unfortunately the scousers have the best squads. And I think Pep is either past his best or is too stubborn to reassess his approach.

Yeah it’s why is said neither best coach or squad. Others will disagree obviously. I think Bayern and unfortunately the scousers have the best squads. And I think Pep is either past his best or is too stubborn to reassess his approach.
No way liverpool have the best squad, unfortunately they don’t seem to need a squad.

How we can be chasing a left back at this point is beyond me, with the money we have spent on full backs it is piss poor.

Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko, Cancelo and now we have the option of Ake as well.

I believe Pep is one of the best coaches in the world and i would be telling him he needs to get the best out of these players rather than spunking the best part of £30 - £40 million on yet another full back.

Not an accurate assessment. Zin was not bought as a lb and it is far too early to write cancelo off. Angelino was never going to get into the team and was initially going to be sold once we activated the buy back. Mendy is the only one currently that has serious question marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.