It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Alaba lowers his wage demands I can't see it happening. He's asking to be paid more than what KDB earns. All reports from Germany tho, the most recent report was that either they give him a 400k per week contract or he sees out final year. Doesn't seem the type of move we'd make
It might depend on how much we can get him for and how much we might be able to offset with a signing on fee to reduce the weekly wage.

I’ve not watched him extensively but he’s always looked top drawer on the occasions I’ve watched him. He’d also be the kind of signing that says we mean business both in the dressing room and to the rest of the league by signing a top player from a top level side.

it hits us the least, making us being in the best position. Our matchday revenue is lowest of the top 6.

So all in all, we are in the best position of all clubs even then.
I agree we are better placed than most but there will still be some financial impact to be taken into account.

How we can be chasing a left back at this point is beyond me, with the money we have spent on full backs it is piss poor.

Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko, Cancelo and now we have the option of Ake as well.

I believe Pep is one of the best coaches in the world and i would be telling him he needs to get the best out of these players rather than spunking the best part of £30 - £40 million on yet another full back.

How we can be chasing a left back at this point is beyond me, with the money we have spent on full backs it is piss poor.

Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko, Cancelo and now we have the option of Ake as well.

I believe Pep is one of the best coaches in the world and i would be telling him he needs to get the best out of these players rather than spunking the best part of £30 - £40 million on yet another full back.
Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko are shite thats the problem. Recruitment is big issue.

don't understand how Txiki gets a pass and blame Pep.

14 on the bounce at the end of 18/19 season suggests that we could attack just fine without Leroy when we wanted to. Our general approach play has been disintegrating since then.

That's not a defence of Mahrez either, because I think he was a very bad buy. One driven by Pep. Also Sane was basically driven out the door by Pep. So on both counts it's a difficult one to know what to do with because I'd have Pep as a coach over any individual player.
That was a great run built on Peo, determination and Kompany staying fit. We had/have a brilliant team and will always be capable of putting runs like that together.

But it doesn’t change the fact that our style of play changed drastically for the worse when we signed Mendy which pushed Sane out of the team. Mahrez getting so much playing time plays the game differently and has been one of the biggest factors in us losing our cutting edge.

And it’s all very well Pep not wanting Sane but since he’s been out of the team from being injured over a year ago we haven’t reached anywhere near the previous standards.

Agree and thought you handled this perfectly on your podcast yesterday. When one or two play badly you can blame them, when it's the whole team it's the managers issue.

He needs to evolve for me, I feel as though to a degree our system and shape has been found out. He has to reinvent how this team plays whilst reinvigorating himself.

He's the best coach in the world. Coaching the best squad in world football. It's time we started getting the best out of the plethora of talent that we have.

Can’t agree with that last paragraph mate. We could have the best coach and not the best squad. Or the best squad and not best coach. Even neither of those but we ain’t got the best coach and squad last season is proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.