It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

M12Blue

Its the fit.
Again not saying hes not a good player, and assuming we do sell this summer, he should command a big fee as his abilities deserve it.
But he does not fit our team.
If he did, but he was playing badly he would have been kept (like zinchenko this season).
How is he not a fit for our team. He is an overlapping FB just as Mandy is

M12Blue

Unfortunately he can't defend to save his life
Perfect for our team then apparently.
Seriously No idea mate not seen enough of him in a solid backline. I presume you mean Angelino, not Mandy or zinchenko

Keeper!

Perfect for our team then apparently.
Seriously No idea mate not seen enough of him in a solid backline. I presume you mean Angelino, not Mandy or zinchenko
Angelino in a attacking sence is a very good player, but as a defender, he is probably one of the worst LB I have seen in my life. He makes Mendy look like Maldine.

M12Blue

Angelino in a attacking sence is a very good player, but as a defender, he is probably one of the worst LB I have seen in my life. He makes Mendy look like Maldine.
Not seen him make a 6 yard balloon clearance at Bramall lane to comment ;)

ctid1894

He's not the best defensively but he's not quite that bad, if we are giving ourselves the option to play three at the back more often next season with the signing of Ake, I'd be delighted with Angelino as a wingback with that added protection.

DorisBlue

How is he not a fit for our team. He is an overlapping FB just as Mandy is
The sad fact is mendy cost us £50m but angelino cost £5m. Hes easily dispensed with if hes not exactly what we need.

Pretty sure, as is relativey widely reported, we only signed angelino because we had the buyback and there were clubs sniffing around. Hopefully make a decent profit on him but wasnt expected to be our player long term.

I agree, I dont think Mendy is ideal either. But in football, you generally get more of a chance if your club has paid a small fortune for you over the academy/low fee player. Not always, but in most cases.

mancityscot

angelino was bought back with long term profit in mind. can't see him making it at city, which is a shame as i would prefer him to mendy

Keeper!

The sad fact is mendy cost us £50m but angelino cost £5m. Hes easily dispensed with if hes not exactly what we need.

Pretty sure, as is relativey widely reported, we only signed angelino because we had the buyback and there were clubs sniffing around. Hopefully make a decent profit on him but wasnt expected to be our player long term.

I agree, I dont think Mendy is ideal either. But in football, you generally get more of a chance if your club has paid a small fortune for you over the academy/low fee player. Not always, but in most cases.
What he cost has got nothing to do with anything.

Angelino is simply not good enough at defending, his attacking in a very top team is decent but not good enough.

He returned to us to give Mendy time to recover from injury but ultimately I believe was brought back to make money on a future move.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.