It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect for our team then apparently.
Seriously No idea mate not seen enough of him in a solid backline. I presume you mean Angelino, not Mandy or zinchenko
Angelino in a attacking sence is a very good player, but as a defender, he is probably one of the worst LB I have seen in my life. He makes Mendy look like Maldine.

Angelino in a attacking sence is a very good player, but as a defender, he is probably one of the worst LB I have seen in my life. He makes Mendy look like Maldine.
Not seen him make a 6 yard balloon clearance at Bramall lane to comment ;)

He's not the best defensively but he's not quite that bad, if we are giving ourselves the option to play three at the back more often next season with the signing of Ake, I'd be delighted with Angelino as a wingback with that added protection.

How is he not a fit for our team. He is an overlapping FB just as Mandy is

The sad fact is mendy cost us £50m but angelino cost £5m. Hes easily dispensed with if hes not exactly what we need.

Pretty sure, as is relativey widely reported, we only signed angelino because we had the buyback and there were clubs sniffing around. Hopefully make a decent profit on him but wasnt expected to be our player long term.

I agree, I dont think Mendy is ideal either. But in football, you generally get more of a chance if your club has paid a small fortune for you over the academy/low fee player. Not always, but in most cases.

The sad fact is mendy cost us £50m but angelino cost £5m. Hes easily dispensed with if hes not exactly what we need.

Pretty sure, as is relativey widely reported, we only signed angelino because we had the buyback and there were clubs sniffing around. Hopefully make a decent profit on him but wasnt expected to be our player long term.

I agree, I dont think Mendy is ideal either. But in football, you generally get more of a chance if your club has paid a small fortune for you over the academy/low fee player. Not always, but in most cases.
What he cost has got nothing to do with anything.

Angelino is simply not good enough at defending, his attacking in a very top team is decent but not good enough.

He returned to us to give Mendy time to recover from injury but ultimately I believe was brought back to make money on a future move.

I don't know if this is true or not.

Where Angelino is concerned, the only thing I am sure of, is that he has not been given a fair crack of the whip at City. He has never been so bad that he has deserved to be shunted out at the 1st opportunity.

If we are not buying a new LB this Summer, I would bring Angelino back and sell Zinchenko.
Pep sees him in training every day, it is quite possible he doesn’t like what he sees. I am inclined to trust his judgement on these matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.