It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, outside chance at best. Even if there is a whisper I think we will do everything to make it work. However the player, changes at Barca and financials could all stop this at any point.

Real slim chance if you ask me even if a ‘what if’ discussion has taken place - but we do seem to have spent the last two windows holding something back financially so just might be...

WIth Messi, I think you adopt the strategy of assuming he'll never leave, but putting yourself in the best position possible so that if he does jump, it's into our arms and no one else.

We've got the best friend, the manager he loves, a very strong side that's already winning, they've done the contractual leg work so a deal can be done quicker than anywhere else, they've stayed in contact for 10 years so he knows how much he's wanted.

And then you just plan for next season like it's not going to happen.

Whats strange to me is we absolutely dominated the league playing 2 out and out wingers staying wide, a energetic DM and 2 creative mids, with Walker tucking in as 3rd CB providing the recovery pace at the back. The formula worked better than any in the Premier League so far

We've now gone to inverted wingers, 2 slow DM's and full backs providing the width, leaving 4 slow players in the defensive 3rd

We're worse all over the park, we never get the to the byline cutback chances like we used to

Midfield gets bypassed regularly

Defense gets destroyed with simple counter attacks

The players we are linked to as well just looks like we are going further in this direction.

Don't know if it's anything to do with Pep assistant leaving after the first title

Agree with the summary but don't agree the signings & players linked, make it worse.

Most are quick, for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.