It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope they put a bit more pressure on Soriano/Txiki/Pep to deliver in CL finally. Up until now were had better CL record than PSG but this final and potential trophy for PSG changes that.

Given their big investments started just a bit later than ours they get to final sooner which wont make our owners happy in any way.

for PSG CL is even more important maybe ad their league is really nowhere near close in prestige to the PL and they hardly have rivals given the financial differences. I mean their best rival maybe Lille is happy to sell their best every summer...

But I cannot help myself and hope PSg stuffs Bayern just to hear Hoeness and Rumenigge spouting some racist shit maybe kind of hope they lose due to some questionable VAR decision.

If this is stupid to say ignore it, but if PSG wins the champions league do you reckon thats going to piss off our owners alot? I know the two dont get along, do you reckon our owners would panic and go all out this summer then?

I wouldn't say they'd panic, but I'm sure they'd have an even greater desire to make it in the Champions League. Whether that would translate in a 500M spending spree I doubt it.

None of that is a good enough explanation, to be perfectly honest.

He supports United? Boo fucking hoo.

He gets stuff wrong? Boo fucking hoo.

He talks to other people in his profession? You guessed it.

The bloke might be a complete tosser, I wouldn't have a clue because I don't know him personally but this isn't even just about Sam Lee, it's about the sheer amount of entitled posters on this website who act like victims constantly when it comes to the media. He's just an example of a bloke who isn't anti-city and writes good quality articles.

So what if he gets shit wrong and gets involved in transfer speculation for the sake of appealing to a wider audience? That's a huge part of his job.

Christ, Ian Cheeseman has been getting slated as a KFA gobshite on another thread and last time that happened he was completely vindicated and that wasn't even two months ago.

Fuck me, if those same standards were applied to our resident ITK, he'd have been chased off the forum years ago with the amount of stuff he gets wrong. Shit, didn't some **** dox Tolm for getting Ndombele information completely wrong?

There was even another user who has regularly posted accurate information over the last year or so stating yesterday that he doesn't post very often because the default response is a bunch of know-it-all bellends jumping on his back.

Proper sad behaviour from some of you and it's gotten to the point where it's both predictable and monotonous.

If it is simply about an inconsequential united connection then I'd understand the banter and jokes at his expense but it's more than that and it's bigger than just him.

Idk, whatever, it's not exactly a massive issue but it is fucking embarrassing to read this shit day after day.

fuck sake chill mrs Lee.....

they have 2 forwards on the pitch they paid 400m plus for, I think the real issue is why are we still mentioned in the same breath!

Begs the question of whether you're better spending £100m+ on top 10 in the world players who make the difference in these games, and surrounding them with cheapish players, than the continual line of £40-50m players we've gone for.

That's transfers for you though.

We could have spent the money on Mbappe & ended up with 3 bargains, or 3 turds.

And Mbappe might have broken his leg.

PSG would not finish above us here, imo.
It's just optimizing for different things. Our team is built to compete in a street fight every week across four competitions. Theirs is basically purpose built for the Champion's League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.