It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF that's true (and I'm not sure it is), I don't follow the correlation.

You seem intent on denying the draw of Pep to new players. As fans, of course there is no-one bigger than the club. But for a Messi or other top players who have their pick of clubs, what attracts them to Manchester City? It was money, now Pep is a huge factor.

If this is stupid to say ignore it, but if PSG wins the champions league do you reckon thats going to piss off our owners alot? I know the two dont get along, do you reckon our owners would panic and go all out this summer then?

You seem intent on denying the draw of Pep to new players. As fans, of course there is no-one bigger than the club. But for a Messi or other top players who have their pick of clubs, what attracts them to Manchester City? It was money, now Pep is a huge factor.

Not at all. Of course he is a draw. One of many and certainly not the biggest as you claim.

For some reason, you seem preoccupied with the idea that the "biggest draw" is the manager. That is clearly bollocks. This is a club that pays the going rate to top players, has qualified for the CL for 8 years, qualified from the group stages more often than not, has just beaten Real Madrid, won the PL four times and numerous trophies. This isn't little City, we're the dominant club in English football and have been for the last seven years or so.

In other discussions, how is no team interested in Alex Telles? Seems like he'd be cheap and is one of the best LBs in the world.
We had sealed the deal for him but COVID crisis had made it so we broke the agreement.

Not at all. Of course he is a draw. One of many and certainly not the biggest as you claim.

For some reason, you seem preoccupied with the idea that the "biggest draw" is the manager. That is clearly bollocks. This is a club that pays the going rate to top players, has qualified for the CL for 8 years, qualified from the group stages more often than not, has just beaten Real Madrid, won the PL four times and numerous trophies. This isn't little City, we're the dominant club in English football and have been for the last seven years or so.

Not denying most of that. But Pep is our biggest draw for top players. We’re entitled to different views, neither of us will change our mind, so let’s end it here.

If this is stupid to say ignore it, but if PSG wins the champions league do you reckon thats going to piss off our owners alot? I know the two dont get along, do you reckon our owners would panic and go all out this summer then?

they have 2 forwards on the pitch they paid 400m plus for, I think the real issue is why are we still mentioned in the same breath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.