It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope they put a bit more pressure on Soriano/Txiki/Pep to deliver in CL finally. Up until now were had better CL record than PSG but this final and potential trophy for PSG changes that.

Given their big investments started just a bit later than ours they get to final sooner which wont make our owners happy in any way.

for PSG CL is even more important maybe ad their league is really nowhere near close in prestige to the PL and they hardly have rivals given the financial differences. I mean their best rival maybe Lille is happy to sell their best every summer...

But I cannot help myself and hope PSg stuffs Bayern just to hear Hoeness and Rumenigge spouting some racist shit maybe kind of hope they lose due to some questionable VAR decision.
I don't think City are making plans thinking about PSG results and achievement. City strives to be the best. PSG strives to be the best. And both clubs will keep on doing that hopefully.

City is not inferior to PSG, it is a cup formula. Liverpool was better than Atletico but they are out. This is life.

I think Neymar is the better player Of him and Mbappe personally. Mbappe is about pace Neymar though a total tool is one gifted footballer

Begs the question of whether you're better spending £100m+ on top 10 in the world players who make the difference in these games, and surrounding them with cheapish players, than the continual line of £40-50m players we've gone for.

I think you always buy transcendent talent first then fill in the blanks later. Very easy to find 8/10 talent. Almost impossible to find that 9.5/10.

Reactions: cjn
I cant take this. PSG are at Champions league final because they have NEYMAR and MBAPPE both marque players. 150 million plus players. We also need such players to be at the finals. We cant always buy Sane, Torres, Sterling, Mahrez and hope to win the champions league. Mbappe and Neymar are big game players. IN the other hand Sterling. Mahrez like players are no doubt v v good players but not exceptional players like them. So we must go all out for MESSI. As we dont have other options in the market. May be ronaldo but he wont fit in our system. In the other hand Messi will fit like Nail in a Nail bed.

Reactions: Jag
That's transfers for you though.

We could have spent the money on Mbappe & ended up with 3 bargains, or 3 turds.

And Mbappe might have broken his leg.

PSG would not finish above us here, imo.
Well that was a risk taking. Everyone knew how Mbape and Neymar were and will be. Well we cannot compare them with failures like coutinho and dembele because they were panic buys, hence overpaid. So basically 150 million players are very few everyone knows who they are and they will more or less return their price in the field.
Its not that we are a failure but the thing is we now have to change our approach. May be go to the board of UEFA(like PSG) or buy 150 million plus players. Well Messi is there available. May be Ronaldo as well.
And another thing PSG will be challenging for title here.

Still don't understand a lot of the stick Sam Lee gets on here.

Maybe it's because it's become the norm to attack any journalist who doesn't push a ridiculously pro-City agenda through articles meticulously designed to avoid offending one of the most touchy fanbases in the country. It's a bit weird because he's frequently put out some genuinely top quality work on the club over the last few years.

Bit weird to be honest and I'm struggling to think of a reason why some of you are so bitter.
Everyone gets a stick here. Not only here anywhere, whoever tries to do or say something gets sticks. Thats not unusual. For everything there are people for or against the thing. Whether true or false.

Still don't understand a lot of the stick Sam Lee gets on here.

Maybe it's because it's become the norm to attack any journalist who doesn't push a ridiculously pro-City agenda through articles meticulously designed to avoid offending one of the most touchy fanbases in the country. It's a bit weird because he's frequently put out some genuinely top quality work on the club over the last few years.

Bit weird to be honest and I'm struggling to think of a reason why some of you are so bitter.
Completely agree.
I am beginning to value his opinions on the ‘Why Always Us‘podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.