It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about chelsea. The players they signed were not courted by other bigger clubs but are good enoughg for them and they neede them badly. They have signed good players but not extraordiniary players.
What? They have made some great signings, maybe not ready to challenge for the title, but they will be considerably better than last year and will make the challenge for a top 4 place far more competetive.

The Thiago Silva signing is a great short term fix, the two German guys, top quality young players, who have the potential to be world class.

It's not about how many we score, it's about how many we don't score. It's about sinking the chance at 0-0 and 1-0 or losing 0-1.

Even if we score the same number of goals, it's about which goals you score. They aren't all equal.

Atalanta scored more goals than Barca last season without having a player who would start in Barca's attack or midfield. Messi isn't a guarantee for goals when you need them. But he is a guarantee that our pressing game will be worse than Liverpool's or Bayern's.

You and many others on here are guilty of completely separating Barca's failings as a team from Messi's non-performances in defence. It's like he is making a team full with mediocre players punch above their height and it is always entire their fault when they get smashed 3:0, 4:0, 8:2. It's always about Messi's brilliance when Barca win and always about his team-mates' mediocrity when they lose. Naive.

I predict we won't become a better team if we sign Messi, neither in the PL nor in the CL. There are upsides in signing him, but also downsides. Everytime we lose with Messi, fans and media will laugh at us. Liverpool will get a psychological boost. How come? Well, if we win the title, it's because we signed Messi. If they win it, they are absolute heroes. Media will have field days.

Barca need to rebuild their team but have no money. They will try to use Messi to get some of our talents. No way are we going to pay 200m in this crisis. So, Barca may want, say, Bernardo, Jesus and Garcia to give us Messi. Judging by the opinions on here, many fans would agree to give them these players for Messi. Or just Bernardo and Garcia plus 100m. For me, such a deal wouldn't be good.

That said, I'd like to see how we would perform if we lined up in attack Sterling, Jesus/Aguero and Messi with KDB and Foden/Bernardo behind them, especially against Manure.

I won’t take any argument about why we shouldn’t sign Messi.
any chance what’s so ever of getting him we should because.

ITS FCUKING MESSI.

Any chance whatsoever? Even if Barca want KDB and/or Foden plus a lot of money?

They will try to pull our pants down. Good that our bosses are not daft.

Atalanta scored more goals than Barca last season without having a player who would start in Barca's attack or midfield. Messi isn't a guarantee for goals when you need them. But he is a guarantee that our pressing game will be worse than Liverpool's or Bayern's.

You and many others on here are guilty of completely separating Barca's failings as a team from Messi's non-performances in defence. It's like he is making a team full with mediocre players punch above their height and it is always entire their fault when they get smashed 3:0, 4:0, 8:2. It's always about Messi's brilliance when Barca win and always about his team-mates' mediocrity when they lose. Naive.

I predict we won't become a better team if we sign Messi, neither in the PL nor in the CL. There are upsides in signing him, but also downsides. Everytime we lose with Messi, fans and media will laugh at us. Liverpool will get a psychological boost. How come? Well, if we win the title, it's because we signed Messi. If they win it, they are absolute heroes. Media will have field days.

Barca need to rebuild their team but have no money. They will try to use Messi to get some of our talents. No way are we going to pay 200m in this crisis. So, Barca may want, say, Bernardo, Jesus and Garcia to give us Messi. Judging by the opinions on here, many fans would agree to give them these players for Messi. Or just Bernardo and Garcia plus 100m. For me, such a deal wouldn't be good.

That said, I'd like to see how we would perform if we lined up in attack Sterling, Jesus/Aguero and Messi with KDB and Foden/Bernardo behind them, especially against Manure.
You make some great points.

Two years ago this would have been a dream signing, but not now, the guy is 33, and talk of paying a 100m transfer fee for a 33 year old is nuts, Lionel Messi or not and it could even be considerably more than 100m.

We need major upgrades in our squad, young, hungry, world class players looking for titles and looking to become the next footballing superstars.

Any chance whatsoever? Even if Barca want KDB and/or Foden plus a lot of money?

They will try to pull our pants down. Good that our bosses are not daft.

Haha like I posted before some come out with any rubbish to why we shouldn’t sign him if you think our club would sell Kdb or and that trump card of one of our own die hard City supporter Foden tells me you just trying to win an argument with that.

Last edited:
Don't worry about chelsea. The players they signed were not courted by other bigger clubs but are good enoughg for them and they neede them badly. They have signed good players but not extraordiniary players.
But ‘good’ players in a well organised team can be far better than ‘extraordinary’ players who aren’t a team. Also to be fair our business so far this window hasn’t been for ‘extraordinary’ signings. If Chelsea strengthen that back 5 and sign Havertz who does look better than good, then they will have a very very good squad

Haha like I posted before some come out with any rubbish to why we should sign him if you think our club would sell Kdb or and that trump card of one of our own die hard City supporter Foden tells me you just trying to win an argument with that.
But what about Bernardo? I think he is the one they would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.