It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atalanta scored more goals than Barca last season without having a player who would start in Barca's attack or midfield. Messi isn't a guarantee for goals when you need them. But he is a guarantee that our pressing game will be worse than Liverpool's or Bayern's.

You and many others on here are guilty of completely separating Barca's failings as a team from Messi's non-performances in defence. It's like he is making a team full with mediocre players punch above their height and it is always entire their fault when they get smashed 3:0, 4:0, 8:2. It's always about Messi's brilliance when Barca win and always about his team-mates' mediocrity when they lose. Naive.

I predict we won't become a better team if we sign Messi, neither in the PL nor in the CL. There are upsides in signing him, but also downsides. Everytime we lose with Messi, fans and media will laugh at us. Liverpool will get a psychological boost. How come? Well, if we win the title, it's because we signed Messi. If they win it, they are absolute heroes. Media will have field days.

Barca need to rebuild their team but have no money. They will try to use Messi to get some of our talents. No way are we going to pay 200m in this crisis. So, Barca may want, say, Bernardo, Jesus and Garcia to give us Messi. Judging by the opinions on here, many fans would agree to give them these players for Messi. Or just Bernardo and Garcia plus 100m. For me, such a deal wouldn't be good.

That said, I'd like to see how we would perform if we lined up in attack Sterling, Jesus/Aguero and Messi with KDB and Foden/Bernardo behind them, especially against Manure.

Isn't a guarantee for goals....seriously
In his last 12 seasons he has scored 25+ every season

In answer to your repetitive question- I don't care how much we spend on him - I trust the board know what they are doing

Give it a rest now - we get it that you are not convinced here but your assessment of him is way off

Agree with what your saying but I do think this possible transfer has legs.

Messi is pissed with the Barca board, the Barca board are pissed with Messi.

Barca need money to rebuild, whatever anyone says on here Messi is starting to fade, yes he still probably is the best player in the world, but he is not a machine, he is 33 and has a lot of football in those legs of his.

If Barca could get 100-200m for a 33 year old pissed off Messi it would be some incredible deal and a get out of jail card in terms of finance.

Messi could be done in 2 years time. Insane spending 200m on him. We would become Messi FC, spending unlimited money in an attempt to get that UCL trophy.

He’s not a strong leader, young amazing players would have to step aside, he won’t contribute to defending, his wages would ruin our structure. I wouldn’t want this for one bit and I really believe it’s a story made up by journos.

This signing would be taking a u-turn for everything this club has put in place.

Messi could be done in 2 years time. Insane spending 200m on him. We would become Messi FC, spending unlimited money in an attempt to get that UCL trophy.

He’s not a strong leader, young amazing players would have to step aside, he won’t contribute to defending, his wages would ruin our structure. I wouldn’t want this for one bit and I really believe it’s a story made up by journos.

This signing would be taking a u-turn for everything this club has put in place.
Well it's not a made up story it's clearly very real.

Similar situation to the Ronaldo, Real, Juve situation, and who got the best of that deal?

If we make the signing it’s because our owners, who have done everything possible to get us to the top, think it’s worth doing and don’t believe it will set us back or have us become ‘Messi FC’
They haven’t let us down yet so I think I’ll trust their judgement over a few fans who are worried it might make us look silly.

Isn't a guarantee for goals....seriously
In his last 12 seasons he has scored 25+ every season

In answer to your repetitive question- I don't care how much we spend on him - I trust the board know what they are doing

Give it a rest now - we get it that you are not convinced here but your assessment of him is way off

It's about how many Barca scored, not about Messi's personal stats. Barca scored fewer goals than fucking Atalanta.

'He is not a guarantee for goals' means he doesn't guarantee we will score more goals with him than without him, NOT that he won't be scoring goals. I'm not saying that Messi will score just 10-15 goals but that the overall effect including the negative effect on our ability to press and defend from the front won't be worth the enormous money, specially in the context of the crisis.

I might be mistaken, of course, time will tell.

Well it's not a made up story it's clearly very real.

Similar situation to the Ronaldo, Real, Juve situation, and who got the best of that deal?

Well Real did. They sold him for 100m just at the right time and brought in a younger Eden Hazard, injuries aside, is one of the best in the world and at his peak. Compare the Ronaldo who joined Real in 2008 to the one at Juventus now. The Ronaldo they got now can’t even dribble past defenders and the Ronaldo at Real was unstoppable for ten years.
The same would happen here. Messi is past his best and we’d be paying 200m and insane wages on what’s left of this superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.