It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine the move for Messi is because Henderson has proven impossible to prise from Liverpool. I think Pep is a bit of a romantic but I'd trust his view on Messi's work rate. 100% he wouldn't live up to the hype simply because he won't be scoring 5 goals a game so the media will have plenty to say about him disappointing and not being worth the money. Look at how the praise for Sergio is so mealy mouthed.

But I'm not saying no to seeing probably the best player ever turning out for City in the third round of the league cup against Brentford. Would he leave City having been a massive disappointment? Yes because he can't possibly match Messi levels of hype. Would it still be amazing to see him every week? Yup

The only bit I said was irrelevant was the reason for the high press; ours to regain possession, Livarpool's as a way to start attacks. Other than that I completely agree.
It's the way the game is now played.

The intensity of play and the relentless amount of games.

And the main reason this last season was so disappointing was the sheer amount of effort put into the formidables season.

We came back both physically tired and especially mentally exhausted.

Is a 33yr old player, despite how good he is , going to improve us in that part of the game.

I want us to have a young, hungry, exciting team. A team like the one Bayern are putting together.

I believe you and others are more fearful of the backlash/pisst ake if we dont win with him in the side than these supposed negatives that people keep finding but are being easily dismissed by others
I couldn't give a flying fuck what people think of us, not one iota, I have however explained exactly why I don't think it's necessarily the best option for us based purely on tactical aspects of which you've replied to twice.

So you can stop trying to tell me what I'm thinking because it's utter fucking bullshit, you've read my previous posts and replied, so you should have an idea by now. Please stop being sanctimonious wanker and stop making up lies because it's fucking pathetic.

We dont have to spend the reserve on the next big thing...we spend our normal transfer money on that....we are constantly scouring the wolrd for the next big thing - Buying Messi doesnt affect that unless its toa. kid from somewhere who has offers from everywhere and we say to him- "hey, if you come to us you get to train with Messi for a few years as well" - do you think that might be a positive somehow?
Without question and that is one of many positives his signing would bring.

Watching our young players looking on while Messi trains would be incredible.

I am not, but we are talking a 33 yr old Messi.

Who and what would he bring in terms of revenue, a genuine , honest question.

No fans in the stadium for one and unlikely to change to any great extent this coming season.

We have a shirt deal with a company not associated with Messi.

We have the deal with Etihad, are looking to replace and so far no takers.

Will a company/companies come to us because of Messi? I am genuinely not sure. If he comes in and rips the league a new one, yes they will want the action but before , not so sure, I hope I am very wrong.
Thankfully we pay people millions a year to do this work beforehand.

We aren't going to sign Messi then scramble around to pay him his salary each month.

This deal has been in the making for years.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what people think of us, not one iota, I have however explained exactly why I don't think it's necessarily the best option for us based purely on tactical aspects of which you've replied to twice.

So you can stop trying to tell me what I'm thinking because it's utter fucking bullshit, you've read my previous posts and replied, so you should have an idea by now. Please stop being sanctimonious wanker and stop making up lies because it's fucking pathetic.

I also answered/countered all your other points as well -- you have literally picked up only on the very last part of what I posted.
And less of the insults - mine werent an insult just a point of view of why people might be against this - fears - genuine or otherwise.
If thats not you fine but I do believe it is with some people

If you want to carry on name calling then that just belittles your points

I also answered/countered all your other points as well -- you have literally picked up only on the very last part of what I posted.
And less of the insults - mine werent an insult just a point of view of why people might be against this - fears - genuine or otherwise.
If thats not you fine but I do believe it is with some people

If you want to carry on name calling then that just belittles your points
You undermine all your points by making up lies, don't do it and you won't get insulted.

I believe you and others are more fearful of the backlash/pisst ake if we dont win with him in the side than these supposed negatives that people keep finding but are being easily dismissed by others
what lies?
That one. I've stated my opinion based on the tactical aspects numerous times, you choose to ignore that and tell me you believe it's just because I'm fearful of the backlash. That's why you got called a sanctimonious wanker and I stand by it.

That one. I've stated my opinion based on the tactical aspects numerous times, you choose to ignore that and tell me you believe it's just because I'm fearful of the backlash. That's why you got called a sanctimonious wanker and I stand by it.

Firstly - I said its my belief so i havent stated it as fact - you might disagree with my belief and thats fair enough I understand that and acknowledge your point that this is not you but that it could be others fears

Secondly in the rest of that post highlghted in red I chose to challenge your points as well......

carry on being a key board warrior however if you wish or we can have a disuccsion about the best every player on the planet possibly coming to us or not,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.