It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus v Messi-ah ... hmmm.
I'm not saying jesus & Messi are anywhere near the same class but Messi is short term where as Jesus will start to peak in the next few seasons. He is just the type of player that Pep likes to work with. Yes get Messi in but there are better options as player exchange. Marhez comes to mind for one.

Tbh, I do like Manchester - i've lived here all of my life, of course I do, but I can admit it is a bit of a shit hole too. Some nice bits here and there, but the thing that always strikes me when I go to other major cities around the world is how cleaner they are than here. The levels of rubbish, dirty paths (seriously, can we fucking clean the paths please? Bored of piss stains and vomit), a tragic homelessness problem, drug dealers everywhere, stinks of piss down most roads, possibly the most disgusting 'garden' of any major city ive been to. Manchester will always be home, and it has some class little bars and cool shops in places, but travelling a lot has certainly opened my eyes to its flaws! I'd never in a million years choose to live here if I was a millionaire footballer given all that and the rain! Sorry...
everyone loves the place they are born or are living for a long time.

Rarely played a decent game with Aguero.
Plays in a free role, with team built around him.
KDB often plays a free role in our team.
Will be playing in a higher intensity league, at 34 where many of our younger attackers have picked up injuries.
Takes all the pressure off Pep , to build a new team & allows him to do a Pellegrini, seeing out a 3 year deal tied to Messi, then leave, with whatever situation behind him.
Teams will be more keen to stop us, again rather than stopping Liverpool, whose turn it should be for the treatment.

Players who don't fit in with Messi, will effectively be finished at City, even if they are key members of the 'team' with all the possible resentment that brings in, with their team mates.

Pep might go mental & leave, if results don't go his way & he loses inspiration (we do still have to defend & Barca can't do it for example) .

Imo Messi will have no problem in the Prem but no guarantee the team will not lose out in other areas.
Good to keep your feet on the ground with a bit of realism but it's...….. fckin MESSI!!!!

This bit is also interesting -

‘I think that’s the most important thing, in addition to how the club has been over the last five or ten years and what direction they’ve taken.’

That says to me that a project like ours might be appealing to him. We have certainly been more successful than utd over the last 5-10 years
We should put it to the test and stick a bid in.

Tbh, I do like Manchester - i've lived here all of my life, of course I do, but I can admit it is a bit of a shit hole too. Some nice bits here and there, but the thing that always strikes me when I go to other major cities around the world is how cleaner they are than here. The levels of rubbish, dirty paths (seriously, can we fucking clean the paths please? Bored of piss stains and vomit), a tragic homelessness problem, drug dealers everywhere, stinks of piss down most roads, possibly the most disgusting 'garden' of any major city ive been to. Manchester will always be home, and it has some class little bars and cool shops in places, but travelling a lot has certainly opened my eyes to its flaws! I'd never in a million years choose to live here if I was a millionaire footballer given all that and the rain! Sorry...

Which is why they all live in Prestbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.