It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this, it may be what Barca would ask for, but no way will we let any of our tier 1 players go anywhere. Gabby is safe. The figure is high too, 100 euros maybe (PB reasoned this out in full too) plus Garcia or 100 euros total including Garcia (80 million euros plus Garcia), that’s gonna be the end point if not a freebie.

No Jesus inclusion though
I thought that maybe this was Barca's proposal.

Reactions: nmc
And I think leaks like that, to whichever source Cheeseman has got his info from, is Barca exactly trying to do that, to turn Gabby’s head.
It would have to turn his head far enough to disengage his brain.

I'd like to think that even if Gabby was deemed surplus, we would do more for him than throw him aboard a rapidly sinking ship. Gabby is an important player for us, and in any case, deserves better.

Fucking hell I’ve seen some shit on the internet today. First I read that we’re going to fuck off Ederson, then I read we’re going to sell Raheem to real madrid for £100m, and now this shit from Cheeseman. Fucking bollocks the lot of it. If IC is right I will apologise, but I think he’s a fucking chancer who is missing the attention that radio Manchester gave him. If the senior execs at City countenanced such a deal as this I would be astonished

Jesus christ,how the hell are journalists speculating the fee or the players involved in the transaction?Barca and city are not even negotiating in any way at the moment.

Why pay that much for someone that could be had for free? If there was any fee, its purpose would just be to maintain a good relationship between clubs. The only way this is true is if we wanted to get rid of Gabby which I doubt. Why lose your promising young striker when you know your main striker could be leaving soon.

Jesus christ,how the hell are journalists speculating the fee or the players involved in the transaction?Barca and city are not even negotiating in any way at the moment.
If it was anyone else I'd probably discount it but Ian Cheeseman got the verdict on the CAS verdict first. Some people think he got lucky with that. Piossible, but Ian doesn't take a punt. What he says about City is always in good faith. He's a very long standing local City supporter who travels home and away everywhere. He was employed by the club at one time and is trusted by most City fans.

The mainstream journalist line is that talks don't start until Wednesday with Jorge Messi but I think it's quite likely that they are talking. City fans do not trust the English media at all. Most of them don not bother to cultivate any contacts with manchester City and openly don't like City so the few that have some integrity ard are fair are taken seriously. They are very small in number.

Why pay that much for someone that could be had for free? If there was any fee, its purpose would just be to maintain a good relationship between clubs. The only way this is true is if we wanted to get rid of Gabby which I doubt. Why lose your promising young striker when you know your main striker could be leaving soon.
See his next tweet. Negotiations ongoing. These are possibly Barca's opening gambits? Ot it could also be way off. However it's as good as info as anything that's out there so we might as well discuss it.

If you all think Messi is a superstar and worthy of such excitement, then surely you must think he's worth £100m plus. We can't have it both ways. That said, I wouldn't want to let Jesus go.

See his next tweet. Negotiations ongoing. These are possibly Barca's opening gambits? Ot it could also be way off. However it's as good as info as anything that's out there so we might as well discuss it.

If you all think Messi is a superstar and worthy of such excitement, then surely you must think he's worth £100m plus. We can't have it both ways. That said, I wouldn't want to let Jesus go.

I have no qualms on the fee. I'm sure he'll pay for himself in advertising deals and whatnot. But I wouldn't want to lose Gabby over him.

If it was anyone else I'd probably discount it but Ian Cheeseman got the verdict on the CAS verdict first. Some people think he got lucky with that. Piossible, but Ian doesn't take a punt. What he says about City is always in good faith. He's a very long standing local City supporter who travels home and away everywhere. He was employed by the club at one time and is trusted by most City fans.

The mainstream journalist line is that talks don't start until Wednesday with Jorge Messi but I think it's quite likely that they are talking. City fans do not trust the English media at all. Most of them don not bother to cultivate any contacts with manchester City and openly don't like City so the few that have some integrity ard are fair are taken seriously. They are very small in number.
If they were talking,i am 100% sure one of barca's tier 1 sources would report it.The latest news by them specifically said that they would eventually likely have to negotiate but no negotiation is happening until messi's father meets bartomeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.