It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreeing to lose Jesus and Bernardo is a mistake that would come back to bite us one day.

Garcia and Angelino would be perfect.

I would rather he stayed but I could live with Bernardo going the other way. He has failed to nail down a regular place at City and if him leaving, is what is needed to sign the greatest footballer in history, I can be on board with it.

Jesus going could potentially be a mistake. Aguero won't be around forever and Messi would likely only give us a couple of years. The thing that club would need to weigh up, is whether or not they ever see Jesus being our number 1 striker. When Aguero leaves, is the the club going to rush out and buy a replacement, or does Jesus move up the pecking order? If its the former, maybe we just have to take the hit to get Messi through the door.

SoggyGenerousGalapagosdove-size_restricted.gif

Clearly outnumbered though. Will have to give it a try now.
Fucking hell! A 90’s kid on brown sauce?!? I could’ve gone to the quarter final of that between Brazil and Holland but missed the opportunity because I was visiting my Nanna.

Not getting excited until I see him holding the shirt. But just think of the amount of boiled piss this would create if we pulled it off.

Don't see the City heirarchy allowing that risk to just sit there. If this happens, there will be a deal done with Barca so that they can save some face and get some cash.

The Webster ruling allows any player more than 2 yesrs into a contract to buyout their contract by paying the value of the remaining wages. €70m in this case.

So if a court decided that Messi wasn't a free agent and City now owed Barcelona a fee, they could just say they were going to use the Webster ruling and pay no more than €70m. They could do that without actually using the Websrer ruling that all clubs have avoided as its a sort of Mutually Assured destruction to bring it into play.

Or Messi could go to the Spanish department of Labour and start a legal proceeding where the government sets a realistic fair buyout clause- this is designed to protect workers from employers trapping them.

One thing is certain, City will never face paying €700m.

Barcelona's position is incredibly weak even if they have the bollocks to hold their greatest ever player to ransom.

Remember that Bartomeu and the board actually hired a PR company to lead attacks on Messi and wife on social media. Just imagine the amount of dirty laundry Messi could unleash if Bartomeu holds him hostage, if he just decided to publicly say Bartomeu was the reason he's leaving then the bloke would never be able to set foot in Barcelona again in his life.

Last edited:
Yeah but Messi isn't "out of contract" so it doesn't matter... he's contracted till next year so the only question is how the "get out of jail free" clause is worded and if Messi's camp are correct about it or not?

How does it get the stage where Lionel Messi and Barcelona are arguing with each other over the fine print of a contract? Its a sorry state of affairs no matter who is right or wrong. Look at what Khaldoon said regarding the departures of Kompany and Silva and what will happen with Aguero. Chalk and cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.